Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #481
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
One can get very close to seeing a recently-read list without the custom column method that DoctorOhh described. CC permits sorting on its internal Date Read, which is the value pushed into the custom column. I suspect that DoctorOhh removed that sort from the sort menu years ago and forgot about it.
Yup!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #482
meekela
meekela began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Lightbulb Book rating

First of all thank you for your fantastic job: it helps me a lot.
In the near future, it would be great to add a chance to evaluate the book.
When I finish the reading and I set the book as "Read", I'd like to evaluate it directly from the Android device.
At the moment to evaluate the book I have to open the Calibre in Windows and update the rating field.
Could you do that?
meekela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #483
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekela View Post
When I finish the reading and I set the book as "Read", I'd like to evaluate it directly from the Android device.
At the moment to evaluate the book I have to open the Calibre in Windows and update the rating field.
Could you do that?
The Wireless device connection/ Sync does that . Calibre has to be running (wireless device enabled) , but you don't need to touch it for the update status to be posted.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:33 PM   #484
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Wireless device connection/ Sync does that . Calibre has to be running (wireless device enabled) , but you don't need to touch it for the update status to be posted.
As I understood, you're describing is the opposite of what the OP (and me ) wants. If I'm right, you're saying that you can send the rating from calibre to calibre companion, but I think the requested is: "Rate the book in calibre companion and send it to calibre in the same way than the read date"
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:14 PM   #485
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
As I understood, you're describing is the opposite of what the OP (and me ) wants. If I'm right, you're saying that you can send the rating from calibre to calibre companion, but I think the requested is: "Rate the book in calibre companion and send it to calibre in the same way than the read date"
Oops!

I thought it was READ status
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #486
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meekela View Post
Could you do that?
I moved discussion of this request to a new thread: Sync ratings, and perhaps other data.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:15 PM   #487
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Would you please add "action shortcut", which has been supported in Android Nougat, including shortcut to recent books opened, recent connection?
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 AM   #488
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Would you please add "action shortcut", which has been supported in Android Nougat, including shortcut to recent books opened, recent connection?
Until this request is evaluated you may want to look into the widgets which provide you quick access without opening the app to the most recently opened books.

I'm not familiar with action shortcuts so I'm unsure what advantage recent connections would have over simply selecting the connect option and seeing all of your options. looking forward to learning about this feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:37 AM   #489
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Until this request is evaluated you may want to look into the widgets which provide you quick access without opening the app to the most recently opened books.

I'm not familiar with action shortcuts so I'm unsure what advantage recent connections would have over simply selecting the connect option and seeing all of your options. looking forward to learning about this feature.
The Action Shortcut feature in Android Nougat is similar to Force Touch in iOS, I think. You can long-press on an app (home screen or app drawer) and it gives you a list of four actions. I think it's pretty cool.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #490
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The Action Shortcut feature in Android Nougat is similar to Force Touch in iOS, I think. You can long-press on an app (home screen or app drawer) and it gives you a list of four actions. I think it's pretty cool.

My phone updated to Nougat last week. I haven't found any apps that I regularly use that have a useful Action Shortcut. A Connect & Sync option would be first on my list (I doubt my other two devices will ever update to Nougat).
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #491
nqk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
My phone updated to Nougat last week. I haven't found any apps that I regularly use that have a useful Action Shortcut. A Connect & Sync option would be first on my list (I doubt my other two devices will ever update to Nougat).
It depends too on the launcher. Try Nova. More and more apps are supporting that. Hangouts, Duo, Maps, Lithium, Calibre Box, Ebay... to name a few installed in my OnePlus 3.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #492
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Action Shortcut feature in Android Nougat is similar to Force Touch in iOS, I think. You can long-press on an app (home screen or app drawer) and it gives you a list of four actions. I think it's pretty cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Unless I am misreading the Nougat (Android 7) changes specs, CC will never natively support Nougat. The reason: yet again the Android folks are breaking file permissions. This is what they did:
Quote:
Sharing Files Between Apps
For apps targeting Android 7.0, the Android framework enforces the StrictMode API policy that prohibits exposing file:// URIs outside your app. If an intent containing a file URI leaves your app, the app fails with a FileUriExposedException exception.

To share files between applications, you should send a content:// URI and grant a temporary access permission on the URI. The easiest way to grant this permission is by using the FileProvider class. For more information on permissions and sharing files, see Sharing Files.
This change means that CC cannot pass paths to book files to reader apps, which is obviously unacceptable. IF an app targets Marshmallow (Android 6) then (at least for now) the restrictions are not enforced.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #493
HAL.Unke
HAL.Unke began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Since Calibre V3 one can change the library in CC, but the actual library name is not displayed.
Please state the name of the chosen library on the "Index of content server" headline and also on the following displays with different sortings.

Why is it only possible to change the library on the Index page and not from a sorted library?
HAL.Unke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #494
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL.Unke View Post
Since Calibre V3 one can change the library in CC, but the actual library name is not displayed.
Please state the name of the chosen library on the "Index of content server" headline and also on the following displays with different sortings.
I am not convinced tht this is worth the effort. You can easily see the chosen library at the top level by tapping the "choose library" menu item and looking at which library is selected. Furthermore, if you change the library then *you* changed the library, so showing what you changed it to seems unnecessary.
Quote:
Why is it only possible to change the library on the Index page and not from a sorted library?
If I understand the question correctly, it is because once you have descended into some sub-library screen, CC needs to know what library you are using so it can correctly display the information. If CC let you change the library in a subscreen then CC would be required to take you to the top level display so that it has correct library information. This is really no different from you navigating to the top then changing the library.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:51 AM   #495
bblatt
bblatt began at the beginning.

Device: None
hi i wish both android and ios had these feathers
Editing book info
Syncing between Devices in cc
a ereader
bblatt is offline   Reply With Quote