Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-31-2015, 06:09 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
FREE/BARGAIN — Cookbooks

We point out free and bargain Cookbook titles to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

2015 Thread

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-01-2016 at 07:12 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:47 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Happy New Year everyone!

How to Ferment Vegetables - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/How-Ferment-Ve...dp/B016QYD6O0/

Zero Carb 2015 Cookbook Collection Box Set (box of 5) - free
http://www.amazon.com/Zero-Carb-2015...dp/B00ZD4R0K6/

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-01-2016 at 07:12 AM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Paul!

Now let me remind everyone again this year to occasionally click on this link to see what is currently free.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_re...rt=review-rank
Old 01-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Thanks Paul!

Now let me remind everyone again this year to occasionally click on this link to see what is currently free.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_re...rt=review-rank
Thanks Gayle. I have reached page 14 and got over 130 books. Not that I needed another cookbook or any book for that matter. But I cannot help it.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #5
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Thanks Gayle. I have reached page 14 and got over 130 books. Not that I needed another cookbook or any book for that matter. But I cannot help it.
It's nice to see you hanging around again, KyBunnies.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

You're welcome, Bunnies!

Brewing Beer at Home - free
http://www.amazon.com/Brewing-Beer-h...dp/B00Q9J3G7K/
Old 01-02-2016, 06:35 PM   #7
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Why isn't this thread a sticky, like last year's?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 06:54 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Why isn't this thread a sticky, like last year's?
Because the other stickies don't allow self-pubbed books and we're trying to prune the stickies.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
35 Easy Tray Bakes, Slice & Bar Cookie Recipes: Thirty-Five Tried and Tested Recipes by Elizabeth Daniel

Tray bakes, slices and bar cookies are tasty, easy to make treats that everyone really loves to enjoy.

35 recipes, including gingerbread, lemon drizzle and molten chocolate brownies

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KJ3LSO/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014KJ3LSO/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B014KJ3LSO/
http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B014KJ3LSO/
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:23 PM   #10
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
35 Easy Tray Bakes, Slice & Bar Cookie Recipes: Thirty-Five Tried and Tested Recipes by Elizabeth Daniel

Tray bakes, slices and bar cookies are tasty, easy to make treats that everyone really loves to enjoy.

35 recipes, including gingerbread, lemon drizzle and molten chocolate brownies

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KJ3LSO/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014KJ3LSO/
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B014KJ3LSO/
http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B014KJ3LSO/
It's free, so no biggie, but I just thought I would warn others in the US that it uses grams instead of cups so it won't work for us. Does anyone know of a way to convert from a weight based measurement to a volume based one?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
[QUOTE=Purple Lady;3234019]It's free, so no biggie, but I just thought I would warn others in the US that it uses grams instead of cups so it won't work for us. Does anyone know of a way to convert from a weight based measurement to a volume based one?[/QUOTE
Here you go Purple Lady.
http://dish.allrecipes.com/cup-to-gram-conversions/
Here is an online converter
http://calculator-converter.com/conv...calculator.php

I use both metric and American measurements all the time.
Oh and just for kicks and grins, I went and looked at Professional Baking a college textbook and it is in pounds, ounces and grams. Weights only.
The bread recipes read like this
Water 3 lb 1400g 55%
Yeast 3 oz 90g 3.5%
Bread flour 5 lbs 8 oz 2500 g 100%
And so on and so forth.

Not the % are the ratio of flour to the rest of the ingredients.

Side note: my brother is a professional chef. Yes, he screeches because I use measuring cups and I don't weigh everything.
Also flour is heavier on humid days than on dry days. This is why most bread recipes give a range of flour. Hand kneaded not machine bread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #12
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Thanks so much for the links Cinisajoy. I have them saved. I am sure they will come in handy. I admit I have measuring cups & teaspoons for grams but you never know when a conversion calculator will come in handy.

If your brother does not like it because you do not weigh stuff then he would kill me. I will mix some stuff without even measuring. Or do the pinch of salt thingy
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
My way to make a 1 lb loaf of bread. Roughly 5 1/3 oz of water or more precisely to the black line on the measuring cup that came with my bread machine. Roughly 1 tablespoon margarine. 7/8 tsp salt. Put in bread machine. Add 2 cups bread flour, 1 tablespoon each dry milk and sugar then one teaspoon yeast. Menu to the dough cycle. In an hour and a half put dough in a baking dish. An hour later bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
I keep a 2 cup measuring cup in the bread flour and a tablespoon in both the dry milk and the sugar.

Oh here is a neat set of cups and spoons.
http://www.amazon.com/Prepworks-Prog...measuring+cups
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:34 PM   #14
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Because the other stickies don't allow self-pubbed books and we're trying to prune the stickies.
Not that I have a problem with pruning stickies, but is that not a very arbitrary means of deciding? Deals on cookBOOKs is not a sticky but Deals on non-book Media is? Should not the popularity or relevance of the thread contribute to stickiness?
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #15
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Thanks! That first link is perfect - 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar converts into different grams because the weight is very different.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote