Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
artisticninjutsu
artisticninjutsu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Two Page Spread in Fixed Layout Kindle Fire?

Been having a heck of a time trying to find out how I can make the book open automatically in a two page spread. I've got a fixed layout epub for ibooks, and I've set it to automatically open so that you can see both pages of a landscape style picture book. Then you double click if you want to zoom in on a particular page.

When I did the conversion using KindlePreviewer it knocked that formatting out and made it single page again (and jacked up the images too, but I'm assuming that's just a sizing thing).

The other question I have: Is there a way to embed Read Aloud narration into the book in kindle format, like I have in the iPad version? I've got the highlighting and narration for every page as a separate sound file, but all I'm seeing is the ability to upload a whole book to Audible, and make people buy both ebook and audiobook, then their software syncs them up. No way to just embed it within the file like in epub?
artisticninjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticninjutsu View Post
Been having a heck of a time trying to find out how I can make the book open automatically in a two page spread.
Did you format your book according to the Kindle Publishing Guidelines for fixed layout books?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub conversion, fixed layout