Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-01-2021, 08:07 PM   #16
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
Just heard from somebody else who got their G000WL KOA3 yesterday.
It was on 5.12.4, manufactured 2021 March 6th, ordered from Amazon.de.

Things are looking good!
Wow! Might be worth a try to see what I get!
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:41 PM   #17
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last edited by Pjama; 04-03-2021 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Changed my mind
Advert
Old 04-03-2021, 01:44 AM   #18
buyifan43
Enthusiast
buyifan43 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW 4 and KT2
My PW4 bought nearly a month ago was delivered with 5.12.4, and then I turned airplane mode on after logging in.After that I did a jailbreak, diasbled updates by renaming ota binary files
buyifan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #19
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
G000WL, Kindle Oasis 3 (2019) WiFi (8GB)

He's not sure if it's ad supported or not, I couldn't find that on the page he ordered it on either.
Maybe you can.
This just arrived. Manufactured on 2021 March 21st, 1 day after I've posted about the Jailbreak being done. It has 5.12.4.

Last edited by tryol; 04-03-2021 at 10:34 AM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #20
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyifan43 View Post
My PW4 bought nearly a month ago was delivered with 5.12.4, and then I turned airplane mode on after logging in.After that I did a jailbreak, diasbled updates by renaming ota binary files
How long have you been on wifi since you started using the ota binary method? I'm too scared of trying it myself even though I've never heard of anybody who it didn't work for.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #21
Pjama
Guru

Quick picture to show why getting the Kobo Libra instead of a replacement Oasis to jailbreak was definitely the right choice for me. Even if I’d been able to use the jb, I still wouldn’t have been able to sort out the display settings. One looks like a book (which is what I want my reader to look like, and I know a lot of people disagree with that, but that is what I personally like) and the other looks like a very good quality screen. I have not played with the light settings etc., yet, but in real life both screens look wonderful.

Picture fuzzy because low-quality upload to save space
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3F48C9E3-6737-4241-8B7B-850E07C220B5.jpeg
Views:	246
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	186459  

Last edited by Pjama; 04-06-2021 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Picture fuzzy
Old 04-12-2021, 01:17 PM   #22
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Quick picture to show why getting the Kobo Libra instead of a replacement Oasis to jailbreak was definitely the right choice for me. Even if I’d been able to use the jb, I still wouldn’t have been able to sort out the display settings. One looks like a book (which is what I want my reader to look like, and I know a lot of people disagree with that, but that is what I personally like) and the other looks like a very good quality screen. I have not played with the light settings etc., yet, but in real life both screens look wonderful.

Picture fuzzy because low-quality upload to save space
Wait...are you saying that the one with the green tinted screen is the one that looks like a book?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:48 PM   #23
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Wait...are you saying that the one with the green tinted screen is the one that looks like a book?

Shari
Ha ha, the picture is not great, as I said. It doesn’t look green ‘in real life’ .
Old 04-12-2021, 02:51 PM   #24
Pjama
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I have not played with the light settings etc., yet, but in real life both screens look wonderful
Quoting myself for back-up here!
Old 05-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #25
Grefighter
Grefighter began at the beginning.

Device: KPW4, Voyage, KPW2, DX, K4NT
May I know how to find manufacture date? Thanks
Grefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:43 PM   #26
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grefighter View Post
May I know how to find manufacture date? Thanks
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338766
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #27
Grefighter

Thank you so much for your help. Your wiki page is very helpful. But here I am not asking for a release date. I just received a new KPW4 from Amazon several days ago. The firmware is 5.10.1.3. I would like to know where to find the manufacture date just like people in this post mentioned as "2021 March 21st".

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Old 05-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #28
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you so much for your help. Your wiki page is very helpful. But here I am not asking for a release date. I just received a new KPW4 from Amazon several days ago. The firmware is 5.10.1.3. I would like to know where to find the manufacture date just like people in this post mentioned as "2021 March 21st".
The wiki page is not my work, but I used it to make the script in the thread I linked above, If you feed the serial number to that script it will tell you the information for the model and it will give the manufacture date.

If you don't want to do that, you can use this post to do it yourself

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...20&postcount=5
Old 05-08-2021, 09:23 PM   #29
Grefighter

Ok, finally got it. Thanks a lot for the response. But I am not a tech person. Need to find out how to run the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The wiki page is not my work, but I used it to make the script in the thread I linked above, If you feed the serial number to that script it will tell you the information for the model and it will give the manufacture date.

If you don't want to do that, you can use this post to do it yourself

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...20&postcount=5
Old 05-09-2021, 01:23 AM   #30
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, finally got it. Thanks a lot for the response. But I am not a tech person. Need to find out how to run the script.
What are the 9th, 10th, and 11th characters in your serial number?