Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
[Android and iOS] Audubon Field Guide Sale

Every year the Audubon guides for mobile go on sale. The prices are great this year, only being $0.99 each.

Amazon App Store

$0.99/each

Audubon Birds Pro
Audubon Butterflies
Audubon Trees
Audubon Wildflowers
Audubon Mushrooms
Audubon Mammals
Audubon Insects & Spiders

iTunes App Store

$0.99/each

Audubon Birds Pro
Audubon Butterflies
Audubon Trees
Audubon Wildflowers
Audubon Mushrooms
Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians
Audubon Fishes

Audubon Nature series:

Florida
Pacific Northwest
California
Texas
New England
Desert Southwest
Mid-Atlantic
Rocky Mountains

The Audubon Guides Box Set for $3.99 includes Birds, Mammals, Trees, and Wildflowers.

Last edited by Jessica Lares; 04-24-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Awesome! Just last night I was looking at the iTunes Store for a bird app. This will be the one. Thanks for posting this.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Awesome! Just last night I was looking at the iTunes Store for a bird app. This will be the one. Thanks for posting this.
No problem. Currently have some birds who have put up a nest in our sunroom (), and have brought along some friends, so am going to try identifying them.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for this sale so I could spend some of my Amazon Coins. I already have two of these guides (free apps of the day), so I picked up the remaining five that Amazon sells. They only have 7 of 23 available field guides. Apple is the only store that has all 23 apps and Google Play only has 9 of them.

The one I wanted the most was the Pacific Northwest Nature Guide. Unfortunately, it's an iOS only app; so I'm out of luck.

This is a great way to spend Amazon coins, especially with a deadline approaching. Last year's introductory promo of 500 free coins expires on 31 May. If these coins aren't spent by then, you'll lose them.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I have the Birds app and it's excellent. I especially like the sounds feature, it's great to be able to narrow down the identification of an unknown bird by their song when all you have is a glimpse of them and can't rely on their appearance.

I couldn't resist the Pacific Northwest guide for my iPad. Technically my summer cabin is in Canada, but it's 5 minutes from Washington state and critters don't really respect international borders so it should be great for identifying local species.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Every year the Audubon guides for mobile go on sale. The prices are great this year, only being $0.99 each.

Amazon App Store

$0.99/each

Audubon Birds Pro
Audubon Butterflies
Audubon Trees
Audubon Wildflowers
Audubon Mushrooms
Audubon Mammals

iTunes App Store

$0.99/each

Audubon Birds Pro
Audubon Butterflies
Audubon Trees
Audubon Wildflowers
Audubon Mushrooms
Audubon Reptiles and Amphibians
Audubon Fishes

Audubon Nature series:

Florida
Pacific Northwest
California
Texas
New England
Desert Southwest
Mid-Atlantic
Rocky Mountains

The Audubon Guides Box Set for $3.99 includes Birds, Mammals, Trees, and Wildflowers.
...have been waiting for these to go on sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
The bird app is awesome
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Thank you. I used up all my Amazon coins. I've been waiting for a good deal.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #8
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Downloaded the bird app (on my iPad mini) and I just love it! This is exactly what I've been looking for. .
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:49 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
We got the bird app several years ago when it was free, and my girls love it.

Guess what, today the MAMMALS app is the free app of the day in the Kindle store!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #10
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
We got the bird app several years ago when it was free, and my girls love it.

Guess what, today the MAMMALS app is the free app of the day in the Kindle store!
Nice...thanks

That's one of the ones I didn't pay for lol
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #11
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Here's a link to today's Free App of the Day: Audubon Mammals: A Field Guide to North American Mammals. It's usually priced at $3.99.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote