Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
To programmers: RSS reader simple idea for Kindle

I've found this conversion tool:

https://github.com/pelletier/dailykindle

It converts feed urls into mobi files. Could somebody please help me compiling this stuff for running directly on Kindle Paperwhite? It requires python 3 to run

Then I'will take care of the KUAL app that runs the script, download and convert the feed to a mobi book and display to the user whether the operation has been successful or not, etc.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Aeris; 10-12-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You lost me at Python 3 ;D.

Seriously, Python is a ginormous PITA to cross-compile. (Py3K is supposedly slightly better at that than Python 2, but nope, not really).

Also, it depends in KindleGen, of which there is no arm build, AFAIK.

You're probably better off finding a simple GTK RSS reader (in fact, that vaguely reminds me of something, someone might already have done it ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-12-2013 at 08:17 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Thanks for infos...

I know that brianinmaine managed to installed rawdog RSS on his system, but no KUAL extension for this has been made yet...
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote