Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
File Name

Where does the kobo get its Title? Definately not from the filename.

Has anyone noticed that?
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 AM   #2
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing it's from the metadata included in every Epub. If you want to edit it, use Calibre.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
The general feeling is that it's an anagram of BOOK, JC. But I heard a talk by a Kobo exec last week and he said nobody was really sure. Kobo translates hilariously into some foreign languages, apparently. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache

Not sure if you're pulling my leg Neil.

Because of this F-in pdf issue which is driving me crazy, I'm trying to do some testing where I change a couple of things and then save the file with a different name - a kind of primitive version control. Anyway, I copy the file onto the kobo and I get the same name. I change the metadata for Title but it is NOT reflected on the Kobo.

I'm using Windows Explorer but if you can suggest a better interface I'm listening.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #5
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache

Oh crap - Neil you're talking about the product name, sorry buddy I was asking about the Book Title.

I am getting so frustrated I'm making mistakes.