Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-27-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Tobben
Tobben began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Onyx boox note problems and issues with ereader.store

I purchased my onyx boox note device in mid april this year, and experienced some issues with scratching like alot of people in this forum also have. When i contacted ereader.store about this, they didnt respond.

I waited almost two weeks without any reply before i posted both a negative review on their site and a question regarding why they havent responded. It then took about half a day before i got an email stating that:
1. User habits were to blame for the scratches, and for a price they could fit my device with a screen protector.
2. Almost noone else is experiencing scratches, in fact only 5 out of 10.000 sold devices experience this.
3. They didnt think my review was fair, and therefore they deleted it.

The problems are quite glaring here, especially since we are protected by EU consumer laws from companies that behave like this. Now my device wont even turn on anymore, and even though i have tried to contact them i know i will have to wait for a long time before getting an answer.

Its sad that a company only lets through positive reviews and refuse to fix the problems they are giving their customers, but even sader that i spent alot of money on a device that brings me more this much trouble. If they had owned up to their mistakes and offered, in a timely manner, to fix my device i would not have been complaining here, but i feel it is my duty to warn others that this is how ereader.store runs their operation and because of that recomend that you buy your product elsewhere.

The probably worst part of this is that the device is a rock solid device, which has allready given me a great amount of joy and saved me alot of time and paper. If the store that sold them were more honest and consumer friendly, i probably would have recomended this device to anyone that asked.
Tobben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Ereader.store telephone number

Hi, I have had similar problems with after-sales attempts to contact ereader.store via e-mail - it's very frustrating indeed.

If you 'do a search' (Google) simply on the address of ereader.store (copied from the bottom of their website page) you'll get results that include a direct 'phone number to them in Germany.
The number has a + sign at the start - simply replace this with two zeros to give the complete number.
The fellow's name is Waldemar (pronounced Valdemar I think...) and by telephone is easy to get hold of, as long as he's not at a show etc.

I got in touch several times, first attempt, to speak directly to him.

e-mail-wise he's a bit of a disaster to contact - but by telephone I have had repeated success. This may be a better way to go for you?

Here's my search result, I hope it helps...

Last edited by charliebub; 08-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 03:57 PM   #3
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Interestingly enough, I too contacted them about three days ago to discuss some issues with the Note. Still no answer.
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
Tobben
Tobben began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Thank you Charliebub for the phonenumber, i will try to call them tomorrow. What is the issue you are having zsdiogo?
Tobben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
charliebub
Connoisseur
charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.charliebub has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobben View Post
Thank you Charliebub for the phonenumber, i will try to call them tomorrow. What is the issue you are having zsdiogo?
You're welcome. He's a very nice fellow, just pretty hopeless with e-mails - probably just doesn't get the chance to go over them often.

p.s. Better be nice to him - he may be a little fed-up with the World Cup after tonight's match for Germany....

John B.
charliebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 03:12 AM   #6
zsdiogo
zsdiogo doesn't litterzsdiogo doesn't litter

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Quote:
The usual ones. Scratches on the screen, the cover triggering sleep when folded back, and weird behaviour of the pen stroke near the edges in the note app (1.9.0 firmware)
zsdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
You're welcome. He's a very nice fellow, just pretty hopeless with e-mails - probably just doesn't get the chance to go over them often.

p.s. Better be nice to him - he may be a little fed-up with the World Cup after tonight's match for Germany....

John B.
Hi,

thanks for words of support and understanding

We indeed have to deal with up to 70 emails per day, which requires a lot of time. Some customers are asking for support, some request quotations or discounts, some asking technical questions and expect detailed answers.... If you just count 10 Minutes for reply of a message - 700 minutes per day (a am working 600 minutes per day inclusive overtimes)

Additionally as a part of Onyx team I have to work on the upcoming release of the software . At the moment we have to deal with kind of dilemma. We have calculated our prices with low margins and cannot afford to hire and train additional personal in Germany for this kind of job and our customers have to accept delayed response time.

Also please here are some tips, if you are going to contact us:
- don't hesitate to contact Onyx directly, if you have some urgent technical questions or issues. They also really are willing to help.
- don't place questions about issues with your product or order on the product questions or review pages. We are monitoring and moderating them just once per week. Please send your request either per contact page or as direct email
- please write your messages either in German or English. It must not be perfect English grammar, we understand even Google translated versions. Some customers are contacting us in their mother tongue and we are spending a lot of time to translate them (unfortunately we still don't speak Korean, Japanese, Portuguese,Spanish , French etc... )
- Please be kind, brief and sober in your messages. It does not motivate us to reply immediately, if we are contacted by unfriendly or emotional customers.

You can also contact me using Whatsapp (+4917634599899)
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #8
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsdiogo View Post
and weird behaviour of the pen stroke near the edges in the note app (1.9.0 firmware)
That's not a problem of the device, that is just how wacom pen works. You sacrifice accuracy of the pen on the edges of the screen for not having a battery inside the pen. The alternative was n-trig where the pen have a battery but is totally accurate on the edges. ntrig was bought by microsoft for their surface devices, so wacom is the standard for everything on non-ms devices now and any wacom screen will have that problem
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #9
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
3. They didnt think my review was fair, and therefore they deleted it.
Reviews on small web shops are rarely 'fair'. Don't count on it.

That said I have mainly positive experience with ereader.store. For years now. You should adjust your expectations a little.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:32 AM   #10
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
don't place questions about issues with your product or order on the product questions or review pages. We are monitoring and moderating them just once per week. Please send your request either per contact page or as direct email
I have been unable to log in to my account since November last year when I notified the store about it. At that time the old website was still live so I could log in there. Now the old website has been taken down. Have the old accounts been migrated to the new website?
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:50 AM   #11
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinogodzilla View Post
I have been unable to log in to my account since November last year when I notified the store about it. At that time the old website was still live so I could log in there. Now the old website has been taken down. Have the old accounts been migrated to the new website?
Our old shop engine was getting too old and was not supported any more. We had to upgrade to the latest prestashop version in order to be able to use/ keep using some necessary modules. Unfortunately the database structure of this version was quite different from our old system and auto migration was not really possible. At the time we would have to hire external prestashop / DB experts, which we are not going to do because of data protection reasons. I will try to do it myself and am working on it. Currently we would appreciate , when you could create a new account if needed or just send a request for your old data (e.g. invoices), when you need them.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox note, ereader.store, issue, problem