Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
fdwojo
fdwojo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note20 Ultra, Kindle Fire HD10
Unhappy Am I doing something wrong with the Sigil Toolbars?

I'm sorry to be dumb enough to ask this question but...

When I use Sigil (and I'm currently updated to 1.60), I don't like the toolbars all scrunched up with only 1 or 2 icons of a group shown. So... I go through and move them around the way I want so I can see all the icons and then I hide the unneeded parts. I then do my work and then close Sigil.

But when I reopen Sigil, the toolbars are back to the inefficient scrunched up way they were to start.

I've used other programs before that allow you to modify the toolbar, and they all remember my changes. Why doesn't Sigil? Or is there some special incantation or ritual I'm supposed to do when I've modified it the way I want so that it'll remember?

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, is it fixable? It occurs to me (and I hate it if it's true) but do the programmers expect us to always use Sigil in a full screen format? I'm willing to bet a lot of people don't do that.

Thanks for reading (and hopefully helping!)

FDWojo

P.S. I use Windows 10 Pro w/64GB RAM

Last edited by fdwojo; 06-26-2021 at 12:58 PM.
fdwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
As long as you exit out of Sigil completely, your settings should be saved for the next launch. Perhaps Sigil has no write access or permissions to your sigil.ini file?

You could try renaming your sigil.ini file and trying again, just in case it got corrupted. You also might try editing epub and saving the file but that should not be needed. Just really exiting Sigil should be enough unless you somehow have multiple instances of Sigil running.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
It could also be that Sigil is actually silently crashing on exit on your machine for some reason as that would prevent the updating of the sigil.ini file.

Either way, the behaviour you are seeing is not normal.

Last edited by KevinH; 06-26-2021 at 01:52 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 06:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
OR
you had 2 instances of Sigil running at the time you made the change to ONE.
The last one written was not the one you changed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 08:33 PM   #5
fdwojo
fdwojo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note20 Ultra, Kindle Fire HD10
Thank you, folks for the ideas. In reverse order:
3) I only had a single instance of Sigil running
2+1) With regards to exiting, I normally just use the Close Windows "X" in the upper right corner to quit Sigil. But I will examine the INI file to see if that handles it.

Very much appreciated!

FDWojo
fdwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert