Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #241
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Also, you can use a custom light level for KOReader if you go to Gear->Frontlight and uncheck "use system values". Then you can control light level with gestures and these values will be only used while KOReader is in the foreground.

I usually don't read on my tablet but the combination of night mode and lower brightness is good enough for me.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #242
Thlan0
Thlan0 began at the beginning.

Device: oneplus 5t, soon Kobo clara HD
Thanks for your reply,
I have already try those tricks but I didn't get the result I have with an app like aldiko.
Is there a way to post screenshot ? I would like to show you the differences.

Just in case you ask... I want to use koreader for the multi device sync feature.
Thlan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2019, 03:30 PM   #243
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlan0 View Post
Thanks for your reply,
I have already try those tricks but I didn't get the result I have with an app like aldiko.
Is there a way to post screenshot ? I would like to show you the differences.

Just in case you ask... I want to use koreader for the multi device sync feature.
I'm not familiarized enough with Aldiko, but I guess you're talking about a "colorized" overlay, like PDF Expert.

An overlay solution would be doable for android only. The other alternative, a switchable background color/texture, could work in other devices as well but, AFAIK, needs a lot of work.

In any case you can comment on that specific ticket -> Change Background color/shade and give it a try to the available workarounds, specially https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-381229246
Old 11-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #244
Thlan0

Actually I only want to make the police tint darker or greyer.
Like that

With aldiko

Instead of that:

Old 11-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #245
pazos
cosiñeiro

@Thlan0: I think it is not possible to modify foreground color (ie: text color). We use black and we invert colors on night mode.

The only workaround I could suggest is setting contrast/gamma to the minimum (0.3-0.6) and the light to the minimum too (0). With these settings I obtain an image which is like your first one, but my device isn't OLED

Feel free to open a new ticket on github if you wish.
Advert
Old 11-21-2019, 04:30 AM   #246
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you add a styletweak /sdcard/koreader/styletweaks/font-color.css, like this:

Code:
* {
  color:red !important;
}
Then it'd change the font color. However, the particular tweak I posted might be more than you bargained for. Also see the bundled Links always black/blue/bold/never bold tweaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-21_10-27-47.png
Views:	260
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	175032  
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #247
Thlan0

Thanks for your attention.
Actually I misunderstand you when you talked about the night mode on my OP5T. I thought about the reading mode.

The night mode gives sepia color and the text color is not so bright. It is going to be enough when i'll need to read in dark ambiance wtih my smartphone instead of the ebook reader.

So It isn't worth to open a new ticket on github.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #248
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I meant KOReader's night mode and 1+'s Reading Mode, yeah.

(Note that 1+'s Reading Mode might also be enabling 1+'s Night Mode on my device).

Confused yet? .

----

That said, @Frenzie's answer should work everywhere .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-22-2019 at 03:25 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:05 PM   #249
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I said "also note the night mode toggle" I meant within KOReader. Apologies for the confusion with device night mode. It inverts the colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-22_23-04-39.png
Views:	259
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	175067  
Old 11-26-2019, 02:10 PM   #250
jberd
Enthusiast
jberd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Menu fonts

I had been using koreader on a Kobo, and I had no problem tweaking it.
For example, to change menu fonts, I edited frontend/ui/font.lua (or something
similar) to change the menu fonts. Now I'm using it on my android tablet, and
aside from defaults.persistent.lua, which I can put in my user directory, I can't
access frontend/ui/font.lua and other lua files that I used to tweak things.

Is there a way to change the menu fonts in the android version of koreader?

Thanks,
Jay
jberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #251
Frenzie
Wizard

You can, but unfortunately it's a bit arduous. See here.

To give a little more context, an APK is just a zip file with a standard file/directory structure inside. If you rename it from koreader-android-x86-v2019.11.apk to koreader-android-x86-v2019.11.apk.zip you can open it however you like. Then you have to edit your Lua files in assets/module.

So far this was relatively simple, but then once you're done you have to sign the zip file or it won't install, and your own signature will be incompatible with our signature. This means you'll have to uninstall the program to install your mod, or to return to a regular release. (There's no way around this on Android.)

Btw, depending on the specific changes it might be worth proposing them?
Old 11-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #252
jberd
Enthusiast

Thanks, Frenzie, I'll give that a shot when I have time to try it out.
As for my changes, it's just a matter of taste; I like having serif fonts for my menus. Nothing important, and nothing worth a proposal.

Jay

Edit: Actually, if (like defaults.persistent.lua) some configuration files could be shadowed in the users koreader directory, and this could be done without a hassle, that might be nice. I'll propose that.

Last edited by jberd; 11-26-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added a PS.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:48 AM   #253
mePy2
mePy2 began at the beginning.

Device: Max2 Pro
Hello everyone,

I would like some suggestions in compiling Koreader for Android.

Best
mePy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:37 AM   #254
Frenzie
Wizard

Is there something specific in the docs that you'd like to know more about?

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...oc/Building.md
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ing_targets.md
Old 01-30-2020, 08:09 PM   #255
jberd
Enthusiast

The latest android stable (2020.01) won't install on one device and installs but doesn't run on my tablet. The same problem with the previous nightly build. Is anyone else having a problem with it?