Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #1
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
Where to find 18g firmware for Libre?

I have not been keeping up to the latest FW updates, but it looks like starting with version 18 Aluratek has added some nice features (TOC in epub and find in PDF).

The latest version as of today is 19d, which is what I got from Aluratek site.

If I do not need the German language support, is there an archive of older firmwares, where I can download last 18 FW, namely 18g?

NOTE: Currently using Libre with original 15j.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
That is usually the nature of FW updates.

Some companies do provide access to an archive along with the details of the changes.

The Latest FW usually provides all the previous changes that came before it.

So don't let the "German" addition stop you from applying the update - it will add all the prior changes such as TOC support and content search for ePub and PDF. You will also find that you get serif fonts within ePub books if supplied in the book.

Update: I meant to add - the next future FW Update, however it will be named should have the German support anyways even if it is not mentioned in it's description. So in reality the only way of avoiding it would be to stick with 17d - I believe there was no 18d FW.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 11-25-2010 at 10:55 AM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
Is there a thread in this forum that allows for the uploading of firmware. If so I would be happy to upload a copy of firmware 0.18g for someone who needs it. I try to keep a copy of the firmware for times of need.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fw libre aluratek update