Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Waterproof Case for 302?

I've been using a waterproof map protector from MEC (this one)

I noticed a post a while back in another thread mentioning this case: http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle2-guardian.psp

I was wondering if any of you had tried this Kindle 2 case with their 302. Since it sounds like many Kindle 2 cases fit the 302, I'm wondering if this might be a more secure/rugged choice than my current map protector. It looks like the big round button at the bottom could easily be pushed , but I'm not sure if the side-buttons line up. I know I'd have to turn it before putting it in (and deactivate the auto-off).

Any other suggestions? I do love reading while floating in the lake...
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
3dusty
Connoisseur
3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.3dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
I don't know about the 302, but I got a TrendyDigital WaterGuard Waterproof Case for my 360 and it works great. I got the one for the Sony 505 and it is a little big, but still very usable. Might check them out and see if they have one that is the size you need.
3dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Thanks for the suggestion - that's the first kindle case place I've seen with reasonable shipping to Canada.... I'll look into what they've got!
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I got a TrendyDigital case (made for Nook) from Amazon that works great on the PB 302. It's probably the same one 3dusty got. I got the Nook one because I didn't want to wait an extra week for the Kindle one. You figure Amazon would have the Kindle case available before the Nook one. Just a little irony.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
guyanonymous
Guru

It functions similarly to the waterproof map case I have now....mine's just 2x the size I need so its always folded over...I'd like something that fits a bit better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I find someone who's tried that hard case on it as I like the idea of the extra protection in a bag etc beyond soft cases.
Advert