Notices

Old 12-15-2003, 04:45 AM   #16
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Saud have you had experiences with the beta of the enews creator? I wanted to write a review; unfortunately, other things crossed my plans and I haven't been able to do so yet.
I have not had a chance to try it, since I do not actually have the program. I looked through mobipocket website but didnt find any mention of it..

I did play with scripts in the past and created custom direct enews, but not scripted enews..
if the enews creator can automate both scripted and direct enews with isilox like options.. then it would top all programs
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:25 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Yeah I installed the eNews Creator and it looks like a *very* capable program. It can even be used to download any part of a non-mobile website - without the need of any programming knowledge!

Btw, check your PM!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2004, 02:05 AM   #18
earthling
earthling began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 71
Alex, MobiPocket Pro is my my favourite ebook reader. The special 'MobiFonts' are excellent, and the margins also help in making the text more readable. All in all, MobiPocket offers the best interface and most paper book-like experience. HOWEVER.......... it is SLOW. If they could only tweak it to work faster...
earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 03:19 AM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are 'MobiFonts' include with the reader or do they come in a separate package similar to the Palm Reader Pro fonts?
Old 01-15-2004, 03:53 AM   #20
earthling
earthling began at the beginning.

Device: PalmOne Zire 71
Quote:
Are 'MobiFonts' include with the reader or do they come in a separate package similar to the Palm Reader Pro fonts?
Alex, 'Mobifonts' are installed with the reader. At the time you first activate the Reader, you have a choice whether or not to use them. I bought the Pro version, and don't know if they are also packaged with the free version.

I remember the freeware reader ReadThemAll also made excellent use of margins. Why can't the PalmReader (and, for that matter, iSilo) guys incorporate a choice of using "paper book"-like margins for an easier-on-the-eyes-and-mind experience?
earthling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2004, 06:01 AM   #21
Mobipocket
Enthusiast
Mobipocket began at the beginning.

Device: al
Quote:
There is one Mobipocket Reader setup program. link to download

It installs a 14-days trial of Mobipocket Reader Pro which is converted into Standard version if you do not purchase the license. The free Reader keeps working, but without the Pro features.
see Standard / Pro comparison chart

MobiType is one font, designed for sub-pixel rendering. This is a built-in font, ie this is not a technology that can be applied on existing fonts. It is available for PalmOS only (color devices).
see screen shot

For PocketPC and Microsoft Smartphone devices, the sub-pixel rendering feature uses ClearType®.

On PalmOS, you can also choose to use an extra Palm font.
more details onhow to use extra Palm fonts
Agfa fonts are not supported.

If you have any questions about Mobipocket software, you can consult the Support section on the website, or the software description page (http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp) before asking in forums.
Mobipocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #22
undone
undone began at the beginning.

mobipocket= not that bad.

i am impressed with the ability of the free version of mobipocket compared to the free version of iSilo. free iSilo doesnt even have color!!! i think i will use both anyway, and just reinstall iSilo every 30 days b/c i plan on getting wireless internet at college next year anyway. i must admit iSilo is the best by far at formating web pages, it formated an online forum (non-pda) perfectly!! ive yet to try the creator, but i hope they have a free version. Mobipocket enews is very easy and the formating is exellent here as well. pictures integrate well, and i use it for weather alot. i can even view radar images that are fitted to my 320x320 screen. ive tried plucker, but i may give up on it, as it puts alot of garbage in the text, doesnt show images very well, and i cant even see original background/text color. maybe im doing something wrong? oh well, mobipocket FREE is definatly a steal anyway.
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #23
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
Sheesh, I guess no one does use MobiPocket

Well, it's first in my "ebook" category as the ebooks that I buy from Fictionwise come in eReader and MobiPocket format and at the time I started there I didn't like eReader.

I like Mobi because I can rotate the screen and autoscroll, was a blessing when I had a bad stomach flu about 2 yrs ago and laid in bed hugging my stomach and reading without touching the PDA
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:33 AM   #24
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techick
I like Mobi because I can rotate the screen and autoscroll, was a blessing when I had a bad stomach flu about 2 yrs ago and laid in bed hugging my stomach and reading without touching the PDA
Wow you can actually read e-books with autoscroll enabled? I always feel dizzy when trying this for more than 5 minutes
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:09 AM   #25
cheshire
Fence Sitter
cheshire began at the beginning.

Device: Asus P525
I can't use autoscrolling when I read too, no matter what reader it is, so I have given up on that.

I don't feel dizzy, but I feel terribly stressed if there is autoscrolling, because in my mind there's a nagging voice that goes "hurry, hurry, you're not going to be able to finish this before it disappears from the top!"
cheshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #26
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yea, I tried that without success also. Some parts I have to read slow, and other parts I want to skim. It drives me nuts to follow a scroll speed!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #27
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

LOL, yeah sometimes it's not the best as you want to SAVOR your book or at least I try to now, used to chew through them like candy. But I simply set the scroll and adjust speed with the jog dial or within the settings and I am good, if it gets to fast, I stop it and start again Guess it's not best for the "And I think it was Mr.Fritz in the library with the candle stick" parts, LOL!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:51 AM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Technick, I am having the same problem like Bob with scrolling: it is either always too slow or always too fast. Very frustrating experience
Old 04-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #29
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!

Quote:
Technick, I am having the same problem like Bob with scrolling: it is either always too slow or always too fast. Very frustrating experience
I am sorry

Have you tried messing with the settings for the scroll speed? Most likely it will be different speeds for different books, it is with me
Old 05-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #30
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I've had a bad taste in my mouth concerning mobireader ever since the early days when I and several others tried to get them to include cleartype in theirprogram for PPC when they had it already in the palm version. Mobipocket responded that they had absolutely no intention of doing that because they would have to redesign their software. Then they ended up doing it. Nonetheless their attitude to their customers wishes ticked me off and Ive never been back.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote