Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 05:40 AM   #1
messenger
messenger began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3+
I like my new Pocketbook 302, except the shinny screen!

Hello,

i read somewhere that it is possible to change the product with shinny/reflective display for matte one?is it true and is it valid for czech republic?what other option is there?how is the matte cover you can put afterwards on the screen?how do you install it?how the readibility is reduce with one more cover on the display???
Please can anybody give me some info abot it?otherwise i like the reader,, maybe i would love to be able to zoom into a JPG or other picture when reading comics. thats different topics...

thanks for any replay

messenger
messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
I too love my PB302 except the screen, in my case, it came fitted with antireflex folie and now the contrast is bad, getting eye strain if i read continuously during evening. However no glare and could read well in bright day light.
I understand pocketbook has confirmed before in this forum that they would replace this glare / anti-reflex screen with a matte screen for all existing customers, free of cost.
Can someone from PB confirm, when this will start, where this will be replaced, what should be done from customer side, who pays for the postage charges?
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
messenger

hmmm,they told me in the shop that my has already the matte sheet sticked over!but its nonsense because its perfectly shinny, and not matte.but honesly i spent a day downtown with my PB and have to say,the glare bothered me occasionally,i guess iam getting use to it.maybe i dont return it....who knows,iam going to compare it with my friends on saturday,he has bookeen gold edition and other friend sonyreader dont know which one,so if its not so much different ,i mean the glare i keep it.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #4
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger View Post
hmmm,they told me in the shop that my has already the matte sheet sticked over!but its nonsense because its perfectly shinny, and not matte.but honesly i spent a day downtown with my PB and have to say,the glare bothered me occasionally,i guess iam getting use to it.maybe i dont return it....who knows,iam going to compare it with my friends on saturday,he has bookeen gold edition and other friend sonyreader dont know which one,so if its not so much different ,i mean the glare i keep it.
Hi!

Why wait till saturday? You can see the comparison of screens on my video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqTz3r5Gj1w
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketGoods View Post
Hi!

Why wait till saturday? You can see the comparison of screens on my video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqTz3r5Gj1w
Thanks a lot!!!can you tell me,from your perspective,because video is video,is it big difference from the other two readers?and do you think the other folie 3M is it beteer in terms of transparency and reduction in glare?i mean is it worth it to try to seek and buy better matte folie and try to replace the one on PB302?

Danke for your time

much appreciated!!!
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by messenger View Post
Thanks a lot!!!can you tell me,from your perspective,because video is video,is it big difference from the other two readers?and do you think the other folie 3M is it beteer in terms of transparency and reduction in glare?i mean is it worth it to try to seek and buy better matte folie and try to replace the one on PB302?

Danke for your time

much appreciated!!!
Hi!

The AR folie placed on your PB302 is product of a big selection. We actually tried a lot of AR sheets available on the market and picked the best of them for our readers. So is your current AR folie much better than 3M & Co... Furthermore, the folie is fitted and placed by manufacturer directly and he did it very well. It is not so easy. 80% of our customers, who ordered the AR folie separated from Reader and fitted it to PB by himself, did it wrong (with small bubbles or dust between folie and screen).
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
messenger

ok,thank you for fast answer.Can i have one more question?My wife reads a lot of manga,she is from japan and misses a lot so she has a lot jpg copied mangas but the PB cant zoom in pictures so its always full page which it makes hard to read.is there any other way to read comics more comfortably?
have a nice weekend
Old 06-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #8
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
If you put the jpgs in a pdf file (with any free pdf-printer) your wife could zoom in. ( e.g. Get it @ http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php)
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Off Topic:

I LOVE the song PocketGoods has used in the video!

Ulli, have you tried to read PDF'd manga with the zoom function in a PB360? Which is your opinion?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

No i never tried that.
But im going to do this
Old 06-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
messenger

So i did compare tonight with bookeen g3 and i have to say:
1.the glare of PB302 is big,you can see if you focus on it light bulb in the reflection,on bookeen you see blurry spot.
2.contrast of letters is very week compare to bookeen,but looks like antialliasing of letters is better on PB.
3.you feel the strain made by other layer(antireflective matte folie),on PB,so if you look under greater angle, letters loose readability and contrast,bookeen is like paper,no other layers,but no touch screen.
For me if i can find good matte screen,with fast refresh,and short loading,i wont care about wifi,which didnt work BTW,touch screen.
I did made pdf,but i got trouble to move the page around when zoomed in,didnt really worked,so no go.
i will search for other divice,but iam glad i had this PB because i narrowed my needs from ebook.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
Ulli
(-:

@Logseman: I got no manga, but it tried with a comic (colored one). In my eyes its readable in landscape (widescreen). Ok sometimes the font is a little bit small, but readable, through the high res of the 360. Its a little bit hard to move the page with the joystick, but it works, and i guess you get in common with this quickly. Its a little bit tricky to get the best zoom for it, at my place the "fit to width" didnt work that great.

I compared it with the 302, this would be my favorit device for it. Here i realised that the possibility to move the page with the touch is a very cool function for such ebooks, nearly a must-have.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Manga must be readable in landscape, I'm sure. If it's readable in my iPod touch, it ought to be readable there.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote