Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2003, 09:49 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Adobe Reader V3.0 for Palm *out*

English for Macintosh — 9MB
English for Windows — 8.4MB

Not sure what's new - I have never used Adobe Reader for Palm myself.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:10 PM   #2
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
There isn't any version information with the software, though it does have a DRM feature which requires online activation - will post more if anything shows up when I use it.
Important note - make sure to install previous versions of this software before upgrading. I didn't and it locked up my Acrobat Reader so that I had to uninstall/reinstall it as well as the desktop side of the Palm app.
captainao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Okay, I followed your advice. It appears that Acrobat Reader for Palm OS v 3.0 for the Mac OS X (at least) is an all-in-one package: installer/app for both the handheld and the desktop. It even has the user manual integrated. My installation went without a hitch. Thanks.

What I'm less certain of is whether I can now throw away the version 2 folder. Did you throw your previous version away after you completed your install?

Gary
daught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:43 PM   #4
daught
Enthusiast
daught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it isdaught knows what time it is

Do you know if there's a "SendtoPalm" plug-in for Acrobat Reader now that the Reader for Palm OS is in version 3? On my Mac, the version 2 plug-in NEVER worked. When I tried to send an open pdf to my Palm I always got an error message saying the plug-in appears to be corrupted. Thanks.

Gary
daught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #5
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

The plugin is there, but I haven't tested it yet; actually it was the plugin that was causing the problems that forced me to reinstall - a version conflict I guess.
As above, I'll try to test a few things and post back
Advert
Old 05-27-2003, 10:03 PM   #6
jwy
jwy began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
thanks for the info
jwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:09 PM   #7
captainao
Enthusiast

It also includes PrintMe a remote printing/faxing app - more info is at www.printme.com
Old 05-28-2003, 02:56 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is what's new:
Quote:
Version 3.0

Supports Macintosh and Microsoft® Windows® operating systems

Displays color Adobe PDF files on color Palm OS devices

Allows the transfer and viewing of Adobe Digital Rights Management (DRM) protected eBooks

Allows access to Adobe PDF files from various storage devices

Displays Adobe Photoshop Album slide shows

Enables printing using the EFI PrintMe network (English version only)

Available languages: English (French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish to follow)
Old 06-14-2003, 06:18 PM   #9
bagger015
bagger015 began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T
The Acrobat Reader 3.0 for palm works fairly well. I had a couple of e-books that I had on my computer and used the desktop to convert it to pdf for my T/T. The only drawback to the software so far is the lack of a auto-scroll feature. Also the five way Nav also gets confused on ocassion but a touch of the screen usually straightens things out.
bagger015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 07:34 PM   #10
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Yippie! I happen to be reading a Kurt Vonnegut book that has color drawings in it, and was bummed that I couldn't see them in color. Maybe I'll also try out some of my vacation photos with the Photoshop feature.

Agreed: the lack of an auto-scroll feature is something that Adobe needs to address. It has always struck me as totally illogical that they utilize it. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up Alex!
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:19 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by sUnShInE
Yippie! I happen to be reading a Kurt Vonnegut book that has
Did you read Cat's Cradle? My personal favorite
Old 06-15-2003, 10:29 AM   #12
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Of course! I love Vonnegut. He's hilarious.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 01:47 AM   #13
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Is that the one with Ice-9?
It's been since forever, but I still love that concept of...Ice-9.

Icey.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote