Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
Nate0072
Enthusiast
Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Nate0072 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader 505 (Silver)
Talking YES!!! It finally arrived

I finally got my Reader 505 last night after waiting over two months for it.

This is my story:

I'm English but living in Belgium and I ordered my Reader from London, sent it to my parent's house and they sent it to me.

I waited and waited, nothing. After two months decided that it had been stolen and as my Father insured it, contacted the claims department for reimbursement. In the meantime, I ordered a new one and had it sent again to my parent's. Got a call from Father saying that the original Reader had just arrived at the London address.

Cancelled the second Reader, just as it was about to be sent, lucky me, no charges, and called the claims department to stop my claim. Then decided not to risk having it sent again by post and booked a return ticket to London, so that I could pick it up personally.

Arrived home, kissed my parent's and stroked my cat in about a nano second and ran to where my Reader was waiting for me.

Opened the package with shaking hands, worried that with my luck it had been damaged in the post, turned it on and, voila, a perfectly working Reader. Such relief.

Glad to say that the Reader is everything I had hoped for and definitely worth the wait and in the end, double the price with the travel costs.
Nate0072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:10 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yea!! Glad it finally arrived after all your anxiety.

So now you can update your profile (get rid of the "almost") and tell us the color you chose.

Have fun loading all those books on it

Last edited by dreams; 04-04-2009 at 04:46 AM. Reason: spelling
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
tylerdurden51
tylerdurden51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
what a wait! glad to hear you got it
tylerdurden51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Congrats! Enjoy your new reader.

Check out the '505 accessories' section for advice on a sturdy case for your reader if you are going to be travelling back and forth to Belgium.

(Silver is the best colour by the way. )
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
What a wait! Glad it finally worked out. Too bad you didn't get a blue one.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I remember you posting about this when you thought it had been stolen between parent's house and yours. I am sooo happy you finally got it and even happier that you LOVE it!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:13 PM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
What an adventure your reader has had! And what a special first meeting LOL

Congrats on your new reader!! Welcome to the silver 505 club!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote