Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-08-2016, 09:12 AM   #1
Maillemom
Connoisseur
Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Maillemom solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook STG, Nook Color, Kindle, Kobo H2O
Table of Contents issue

I have a book that imported into Calibre. When I read the book in the viewer I don't see the table of contents but when I click on the icon the table of contents appears.

How do edit the book so that the table of contents will be visible when I copy the book to my device?

Thanks,
Trice
Maillemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maillemom View Post
I have a book that imported into Calibre. When I read the book in the viewer I don't see the table of contents but when I click on the icon the table of contents appears.

How do edit the book so that the table of contents will be visible when I copy the book to my device?

Thanks,
Trice
1)That is Normal for many EPUB.

The TOC you see is the internal NCX that most EPUB2 devices use withe the 'Catalog or Table of Contents' button.

2)You areexpecting what we call the 'Inline TOC"

When you ADD Books to Calibre, it does not Strip out the TOC (or any other) page. That book did not have one. (started out as a EPUB? )
If you must have one, use the TOC tool (the T block Icon), there is a button on that form that will replicate the NCX -> inline
(you may need to use Preferences: Toolbars to put the icon onto the toolbar)

This tool is also built into the Editor
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert