Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 03:35 AM   #1
Bill in NorCal
Bill in NorCal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Damaged file - Zip Unzip

Hi. I've just created my first ePub using InDesign. But I ran into a problem re: images. Let me say that this ePub is graphic heavy with both photos and illustrations. When I preview my book in Kindle Previewer, all the images were severely distorted vertically (except in DX mode where all images were brought to full page width regardless of size, but without distortion).

KDP instructed me to unzip and change the CSS size from fixed to 100% X automatic. Got the word from InDesign Secrets re: the scripts from this site.

I've been trying without success to download the Zip Unzip scripts from Mobileread, but I keep getting a "File is damaged - Move to trash" message.

I am running OSX 10.9.5

I would appreciate any input. Pub date approaching!
Bill in NorCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:29 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
You could edit the ePub with Calibre Editor or Sigil. Both will automatically zip and unzip the .ePub file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
FWIW, the Kindle forums are replete with complaints from people who can't make InDesign work for their digital editions. To be sure, it's probably only the unsuccessful ones who post on this subject, but there are enough of them for me to conclude that perhaps ID is something best avoided by those who would go digital.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, images, indesign, kindle, zip