Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
ZaZg
Isabelle G
ZaZg doesn't litterZaZg doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Unhappy Email account not found - any idea? (long)

I need help with the Sony ebookstore.

Sony appears to be at a loss... and I am more and more freaking out.

Thank you guys for taking the time...

Here is the thread from the beginning (you can congratulate on a fast response time!)
----------------------
Customer03/27/2008 06:11 PM Hello,

I am freaking out here. I cannot log in in my Sony Bookstore account, which contains quite a few dollars in gift certificates...

My e-mail address to log in is
myaddress@hotmail.com, but I am getting an error message whenever I try logging in. I tried retrieving my password, but I get "Email address not found in system".

What's going on?

----------------
Auto-Response03/27/2008 06:11 PM Thank you for contacting The eBook Store from Sony!

This message acknowledges receipt of your request for help. We will reply as soon as possible.

If you need to add information or cancel your question, you can do so by updating it through the questions subarea of the 'My Support History' section of http://ebooks.custhelp.com, our support website.

---------------------------------------
Response (Caleb)03/28/2008 07:54 AM Hello,

Thank you for contacting The eBook Store from Sony! Did you have your reader authorized to that account? If so please provide me with the device ID to access this ID turn on the reader and click on settings then on about it should start with 0800.

Sincerely,

Caleb

Customer03/28/2008 08:58 AM I have authorized my ebook under this email. This is my ebook device ID:
0800#########.

I have purchased many books, redeemed gift certificates... I just don't understand what happened there...

Response (Caleb)03/28/2008 10:07 AM Hello again,

I looked up the device ID and it is registered under a different email address. Are you sure you did not use a different one? try your domain.com address.

Sincerely,

Caleb

Customer03/28/2008 10:36 AM Hi again,

I had first registered my Reader with
otheraddress@mydomain.com. However, I changed my email address to myaddress@hotmail.com. I have bought books under that address for a long time. Yesterday, when I saw I couldn't connect with myaddress@hotmail.com, I decided I would try to create an account again with otheraddress@mydomain.com. I can send you emails confirming the books I bought. I suppose maybe (don't ask me why) I switched address again?

Now I am getting the message with that address (
otheraddress@mydomain.com):
"Someone else has already authorized/registered this PC to their eBook Store account. To ensure security, there is a limit of one account activation per PC. Please log-in on a different PC to use the eBook Store from this account or contact Customer Service if you need assistance with an old or lost account that you may have previously used on this PC.

If you wish to authorize this PC to your account, the previous user will need to de-authorize this PC from his or her account first. For customer assistance please click the "Help" button below."

Looks just like my case, doesn't it?
I don't mind switching address. All I want is to get back my gift certificates, and make sure all the books I already bought can still be read!

Is there any way we could solve this on the phone, Caleb?

I could call you. Thanks.

Customer03/28/2008 03:57 PM Hi again,

Just to let you know, I have tried accessing my account under
otheraddress@mydomain.com from another computer. It worked, however all my history, wish list, preferences are GONE. As are my gift certificates!

Since you were able to match my Reader device ID with my email address, I suppose you can access my history (and my gift certificates)?

Oh my. I'm freaking out.

Now a new representative steps in, probably thinking I'm trying to cheat the system.
Response (Nicole)03/29/2008 10:03 AM Hello,

Thank you for contacting The eBook Store from Sony!

You can give an eBook to a friend if he has either a computer or a Reader Digital Book authorized to your account. If your friend has an authorized device, he/she will be able to download the same eBooks that you downloaded for yourself. However you can not share eBooks between 2 different accounts (email addresses).

Thank you for your inquiry. We have reviewed your accounts and have verified that both accounts are accessible and in working order.

Regarding your specific request that we merge your accounts, we currently cannot combine content or entitlements across accounts as each set of content rights is associated with a specific account. Therefore, at this time, we are unable to accommodate your request.

We suggest you make one account the primary account and ensure all future purchases are made on this account. These purchases can be transferred to and read on up to 6 devices (PCs and Readers) that are registered with the account, thus enabling you to enjoy your eBooks purchases on multiple Readers and/or PCs.

If you want to access content on the secondary account, you would need to de-authorize your Reader from the primary account and then authorize it with the secondary account. Each device can be registered to only one account at a time.

Remember to use any promotional credits available on any of the accounts as these do expire.
If the information I have provided does not completely answer your question, please update this incident so I may be of further assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Nicole

By this point, I am getting enraged.

Customer03/29/2008 03:41 PM Hello,

You say:
"We have reviewed your accounts and have verified that both accounts are accessible and in working order. "

That is not the case. I still cannot access anything with
myaddress@hotmail.com, when I try to retrieve my password, it tells me again "Email address not found in system."

Just to clarify, I do not want to lend books to anyone. What I want is get access to the account containing my purchase history. Again, here's what happened:
I created my first account using
otheraddress@mydomain.com as my email address.
Then I changed that address (and did not create a new account) for
myaddress@hotmail.com, as it was more convenient to me. However, now the system does not recognize myaddress@hotmail.com.

On the day I got the first "Email address not found in system." message, I created a new account with
otheraddress@mydomain.com, thinking I'd find all my stuff again. As you know, that did not work.

When I log in as
otheraddress@mydomain.com, here is what happens:
- on my main computer:
"Someone else has already authorized/registered this PC to their eBook Store account. To ensure security, there is a limit of one account activation per PC. Please log-in on a different PC to use the eBook Store from this account or contact Customer Service if you need assistance with an old or lost account that you may have previously used on this PC.

If you wish to authorize this PC to your account, the previous user will need to de-authorize this PC from his or her account first. For customer assistance please click the "Help" button below."

Obviously, that "someone" would be myself, with
"myaddress@hotmail.com" as my address.

-on my laptop:
I can access fine enough, but all my purchase history and my gift certificates are simply gone.
However, it tells me the only computer I have authorized under that name (
otheraddress@mydomain.com) is my laptop (no Reader!)

Now. What I want is this: get my purchase history and my gift certificates back, and I don't care on which address. You tell me I need to de-authorize, but how can I do that when the eBook Library won't even recognize my email address,
myaddress@hotmail.com?

Please, tell me what email address I must use to get my history back for my reader, give me a temporary password if you have to, but help me find my stuff back again. If I must deauthorize something, please tell me how I can do that if my main account myaddress@hotmail.com is not recognized by the system.

Again, if we need to do this on the phone, please let me know and I will call when you tell me to.

Thank you

---------------------------------
Response (Nicole)03/29/2008 03:55 PM Hello,

The next time that you log into the CONNECT Reader client, I have set up your login and password so that you can properly login and register. Your login and password are below. You can change this information by going to Account (Top right corner of the CONNECT Reader software) and then changing your Login Details (Change Email Address / Change Password)

Login: myaddress@hotmail.com
Password: whatever
If the information I have provided does not completely answer your question, please update this incident so I may be of further assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Nicole

--------------------------
After receiving the previous message, I'm thinking, finally, we're getting somewhere... wrong. This is where we're now at:
---------------------------------
Customer
03/30/2008 08:55 AM Hello Nicole,

Thank you, my
myaddress@hotmail.com account now words, however, here is the message I get:

Of course I wish to authorize this PC to my account. However, I now don't know who the previous account is (as now it is
otheraddress@mydomain.com which is not recognized anymore).

Should I uninstall the application and start over? If I do that, will I lose my Library settings (all the books in there, the categories, etc.)?

Where do we go from here? (aside from getting a headache, that is)

Thanks!

--------------
Response (Nicole)03/30/2008 09:38 AM Hello,

Currently uninstalling and reinstalling will not help the problem you are having. What other e-mail addresses could you have used on your computer besides myaddress@hotmail.com and otheraddress@mydomain.com?

Sincerely,

Nicole

--------------------------------------

Customer03/30/2008 04:59 PM "What other e-mail addresses could you have used on your computer besides myaddress@hotmail.com and otheraddress@mydomain.com?"

None.

Those are the only two addresses I've ever used with the Sony ebookstore.

I am normally a PowerUser, is there anyway to modify the registry or something to get rid of this problem?

Or, on your side, could you unauthorize all computers under any geliland.com address (I own that domain name), except for my Reader (device ID higher in the thread)?

There MUST be something that can be done. I can't be the only person who's had a problem of this type, can I?

------------------------------------
Now I am calling out to anyone on MobileRead who has had this type of problem to help me. I have over 200$ in gift certificates and I do not want to lose them! This is driving me nuts!
ZaZg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What you need to do is install eBook Library on another computer, log into your other account, check it out that it's all OK and it so, log onto the account that your computer is registered to and deauthorize your computer and log into the account you want to use as your main account. Also go ot that other computer and deauthorize it as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
ZaZg
Isabelle G

Been there, but...

Hi,

I would do that, however I can't. The first account (hotmail) tells me another one has registered this computer. The other account (supposedly the one which had registered the computer) is not found by Sony!

It was the other way around before, but now that's how it stands. How can I deauthorize a computer from an account which does not exist?

Thanks,
Old 03-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'd suggest you call 'em. They can probably fix this pretty easily if you can get a hold of a warm body. Just ask them to de-authorize all devices, and have them double check your e-mail on the account while you have them on the phone. You don't have to tell them where you live.

Try the numbers here.

Hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
ZaZg
Isabelle G

Thanks all. Finally, all was settled over the Internet. They had deactivated my hotmail.com account, but mispelled my original account name. Thus the problem.

All solved, nothing lost.
Thanks!
Advert