Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #31
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Go to Settings\More\Restrictions.

Carol
N
Thank you! It doesn't tell you what you are restricting until you actually do it.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #32
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Indeed, and it appears that the actual restrictions setting itself is useless. The WiFi setting though is useful.

I wish the restrictions setting actually enabled PIN for purchases. I'm the only one that uses my Kindle so for me it doesn't matter so much, but I know how much it matters to others.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #33
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
It looks like the new update broke the app cloud shelf. It now lists all apps on cloud, app installed and 3rd party apps from other sources installed.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:18 AM   #34
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It looks like the new update broke the app cloud shelf. It now lists all apps on cloud, app installed and 3rd party apps from other sources installed.
You're right. I'm seeing my sideloaded apps (I don't have the Kindle rooted, just downloaded some stuff via the browser) listed in the Cloud as well...definitely broken.

Reporting it to Amazon.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #35
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssahnan View Post
Maybe all kindle fires aren't made equal. I for one was one who was getting annoying touchscreen sensitivity issues where button presses just wouldn't always register. I just sideloaded the update and while I should realistically try it some more before I pass judgement,in my limited time with it post update I am seeing a significant improvement in touchscreen response.

I know we all hate the carousel, but when it's definitely plastered on every fire commercial and ad out there, not going to get something as radical as eliminating it all together. I think a delete option has gone a long way to 'fixing it'. I think what it ultimately needs is a control panel to adjust what items can show up in the carousel, i.e., no web pages or whatever else you dont want in there. I for one, while i still do hate it, I do use it more then I thought it would so if it could be tweaked a few steps more as in making it customizable, I would probably keep it over eliminating it off my homescreen
Yes, I agree. I actually like the "idea" of the carousel, just would like the ability to not show web sites or documents...just some control over what is shown. I would still like the ability to show such items, because at times this feature can be very useful.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticallion View Post
Though everyone seems to have their nitpicks, I'd just like to see two simple fixes in a future update since this one didn't:

1. The ability to disable word suggestions while you're typing, in Keyboard Settings. It's utterly annoying when attempting to chat or type out an email, only to have to force save your words because they're not in the dictionary. Otherwise, the space bar becomes insert and you're forced into using a word you didn't want to.
That is in 6.2.1. (may have been there before, but I can't check any more. )

Settings, Kindle Keyboard, Quick Fixes OFF
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #37
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
I can reposition icons on the bookshelf in the order I want. I didn't notice this on the previous version.

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #38
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post
I can reposition icons on the bookshelf in the order I want. I didn't notice this on the previous version.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Thanks for that tip. I just tried it. Now, if only someone could discover more ways to customize the Carousel other than just deleting items from it.............
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:41 PM   #39
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
For reference: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #40
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
I just tried 6.2.1 and like the improved responsiveness and the ability to delete items from the carousel. That's all I really wanted...so I'm done fiddling and back to using (i.e., reading).
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #41
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That is in 6.2.1. (may have been there before, but I can't check any more. )

Settings, Kindle Keyboard, Quick Fixes OFF
No, that's not it. I don't even know what Quick Fixes is supposed to do exactly (maybe fix little words like 'the') but disabling it does not stop the word suggestion function being forced on you. I'm surprised more people haven't complained about this, it was one of the first things I found to be a huge problem on the Fire once I went try IMO messenger, Trillian and even writing an email. Far as I know, even Apple devices allow you to completely disable it.

http://www.technipages.com/kindle-fi...alization.html

It's also been brought up various times on Amazon's forums if you do some Google searching.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #42
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratkity View Post

Hugs,
Ratkity
If you mean move stuff around on the favorites shelves, then you could do that on v6.2. I can't move stuff around in the Book or Documents bookshelf views.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #43
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm, seems I have it but I never actually installed it. It must have all happened in the background. I expected it to tell/ask me before it just did it! Sheesh!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #44
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
If you mean move stuff around on the favorites shelves, then you could do that on v6.2. I can't move stuff around in the Book or Documents bookshelf views.
Yes, I've been able to move stuff around on the Favorites shelves all along.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #45
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Hmmm, seems I have it but I never actually installed it. It must have all happened in the background. I expected it to tell/ask me before it just did it! Sheesh!
The new version auto-installed on both of my Fires this afternoon. It is odd that there is no notification that it has been installed.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote