Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Registration Timed Out

Just a heads up to anyone having the same problem I was having.

I have a new laptop with win7. Downloaded (v1.4) and tried to install the K4PC app on it. Kept getting the 'Registration timed out' error when I would open the app and try to register. Called Amazon and they could not help me. The guy was very nice, apologized for not being able to fix my problem and then gave me a $10 credit for my trouble. Usually I do a 'search' before calling any support. Don't know why I didn't this time.

Anyway, to fix the problem, I installed an earlier version of K4PC. Worked fine.

Hope this saves someone some hair pulling.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote