Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #36136
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Fire is the one thing that really scares the hell out of me... I was sort of trapped by a forest fire when I was a pre teen, and I still remember how frightened I was. I'm glad you are all safe.

Stitchawl
I've also always been afraid of fire. Especially in this house which has so much wood in it's supporting structure. And all the buildings in the row are somehow connected, chances are that if one burns down others will burn too or get damaged. Yes, we've been very lucky.

I've just had a good cry. On the doormat I found a card from a regular customer, telling us how sorry they are for what's happened and that they hope we'll be able to open the store soon. It was the proverbial last straw for me and I just let it all out (I'm home alone at the moment, the others are running errands).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #36137
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
How nice that they left a card. Very cool.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #36138
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How dramatic the first picture of this article seem. All is not what it seems, it isn't the fire illuminating the smoke, but two street lanters
Old 06-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #36139
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Another day of cleaning nearly done. I've almost got my bedroom cleared of all the things that can be thrown away. I am (or hopefully: was) a pack rat, but it was also partly due to my father who, whenever I tried to clean up my rooms, went through the trashbags and gave me back the things he thought were a waste to throw away.

Tomorrow morning I hope to clear the rest of the unwanted stuff and then I can start cleaning. The floor will be hard to do because it's of some sort of very absorbent material and because I have to move my bed to clean underneath it I will have to do it in sections.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #36140
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Almost done for today, and finally I'm seeing progress and that's very satisfying. I'm now waiting for part of the floor to dry, then I can move my bed to vacuum and mop underneath it. Tomorrow I only have a little bit of stuff to sort, mostly books, and then I can clean that and the stairs to the attic. After that I can tackle the higher surfaces in the room.

I'm going for a drink with an friend tomorrow so I don't know if I'm able to finish it all tomorrow but I should be able to at least be nearly done.

After that I have to start tackling my office, which won't be as easy because it's got a lot of stuff that I can't just throw away and needs sorting.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:46 AM   #36141
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm pretty sure my cat has mastered napping while asleep.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #36142
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrp
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #36143
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm pretty sure my cat has mastered napping while asleep.

Stitchawl
Your cat must be related to Lexie. When she went to the vet last week he asked if she was less active than usual. To which the answer was that that wasn't possible unless she went into a coma.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #36144
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I walked into the hotel room this evening and found Felicity bouncing off the walls, furiously chasing two baby geckos each going to opposite directions. She kept this up for at least 4-5 minutes without pause (and nothing in her paws, thank goodness.

Stitchawl
Old 06-14-2013, 08:38 AM   #36145
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Admiring the bruise on my forehead. For years I've had one of those simple orange nightlights plugged into the power outlet next to the toilet on my floor. It helped me find my way to the toilet in the middle of the night without having to turn on the big lights.

Yesterday I had thrown the light away because it was very dirty with soot and it would have been easier to get a new light in the store. I had forgotten to get a new one and when I went to the toilet during the night I walked a bit too far and bumped my head against the bottom of the stairs to the attic. Ouch!

So, I just got two new nightlights (also one for next to my bedroom door), for once I'm glad that they are packaged in a hard plastic blister so they're clean.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #36146
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I use the nightlights that are motion sensitive so I don't have to bother turning them on or off. If I move down the hall, or into the bathroom, the little light comes on. Just enough too see by, but not quite enough to be painful late at night.

Stitchawl
Old 06-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #36147
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I use the nightlights that are motion sensitive so I don't have to bother turning them on or off. If I move down the hall, or into the bathroom, the little light comes on. Just enough too see by, but not quite enough to be painful late at night.

Stitchawl
We have those but they are either bright white or too big (one of the sockets is in a corner). Those cheap, orange, neon lights work great and they seem to last forever.

I've decided that if it's dry and not too windy tomorrow I'm going cycling for a while.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #36148
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Admiring my new HP Pavillion 22xi monitor. My previous Dell screen was giving up the ghost, flickering and going pink on occasion, so I have an early Father's Day present now installed. The quality of the screen is superb, and far wider than my old Dell - it will be great for gaming and movies .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 AM   #36149
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Stella is in hyperdrive this morning - doing her kitten "I want to play" warble - so off to play some more!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #36150
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Just got back from a cycling trip. It was great just to get out of the stinky house for a couple of hours, though I doubt my choice of going for a 30km trip (ouch). Half way through I found a nice spot along the river the Vecht and ate lunch and read for nearly two hours before going home.

I'm now procrastinating before starting my chores for today which is cleaning a stack of cds and dvds, putting my "clean" clothes in the closet I cleaned yesterday and cleaning my favourite reading chair.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?