Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #31
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Menu works up/down/left/right, but the cursor only appears with up/down, and page forward/backward to exit. The status bar in the main menu says "1..8 - choose command / ?, ? - close", in the settings menu "press 1..8 to change Position / ? to apply, ? to cancel".
This is because the device it was ported to originally does have buttons labeled 1..9 and 0
So. The original hardcoded method for using menu is to press the number.
There is no 10 physical buttons on PocketBook, so when you get to menu you have to press button Down and scroll through the menu items. Then you have to press Enter (which is in my mapping the OK button)

Quote:
Being on a menu-subpage, there is no escape, only long press on the "return" button gets me out and then the last read page is gone.
Keymapping in Menu shows only "?" and "Long?", and I can't change a thing.
Yes, I have noticed that from some dialogs there is no escape, I will try to tweak my keymaps.ini.
What I have posted is just the first approximation, so you could try CoolReader if you are as impatient as I am ;-)
Quote:
I tried to vary font, size and hyphenation, but as soon as you leave the menu it all sets back to previous values.
I have mapped the upper right big button to the Menu_OK function and you have to leave the menu using this button for changes to take the effect.

Please read the files keydefs.ini and keymaps.ini, try to identify what buttons you have physically on your device and try to come up with your own keymaps.ini. My PB360 is different from your PB602, and I not even know what physical buttons there are on PB602, so I couldn't make keymaps.ini file that would work perfectly on your machine. It is only a coincidence that my config made for PB360 works [somehow] on your device ;-).
This isn't nearly as difficult as porting the app. We are standing on shoulders of giants at the moment. Linux kernel folks, GNU utilities (and, of course, GNU-C) developers, busybox authors, Guys in Kiev that made the system open to tinkerers, numerous authors and contributors of CoolReader project, JimStar that demonstrated that it can be done by mere mortals, and last, but not least reader42 and review.
If you spend 30 minutes trying to make better menu you add a little bit of value for lots of people and you make the project even better.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:02 AM   #32
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Yes, I have noticed that from some dialogs there is no escape, I will try to tweak my keymaps.ini.
I didn't have time to go through all the dialogs and check them. For some there is probably just the wrong keymapping (at least the ESC-Key should work everywhere). Scrolling / selecting is just not implemented everywhere (e.g. the TOC does not work at all.)
If you explicitly write which dialogs don't work for you it would help me.

By the way there is a new version with support for long press in the german forum.
example keymaps.ini :
Code:
KEY_NEXT, LONG = DCMD_PAGEDOWN, 5
I accidentally overwrote the old version, so cr3.app.zip is the new one.
reader42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 AM   #33
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
@ Kacir and reader42

THX a lot, and sorry for bothering you with my stupidity. should have read the keymaps.ini thoroughly before asking
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #34
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

New version 0.1-beta1 here
changelog:
  • Table of content works now (with keys and touch screen)
  • screen inversion works now. (adjust interval in cr3.ini)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #35
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
compilation for 60x

latest version compiled for 60x series
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr3-0.1-beta1-60x.zip (2.25 MB, 1286 views)
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #36
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
latest version compiled for 60x series
Thanks for all the hard work mate.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #37
MihaM
MihaM began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
reader42

Thanks for you work.
I see discussion about you work http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...asc&highlight=
It's in Russian, but if you want we can duplicate here bug reports or ideas that I hope can help you in you work.
For ex.: may be you can use handling of buttons in fbreader180, it will enable to abstract from the model of the device and the user himself can set the desired him to function on a button.
Also some people from Russian forum have another ebook with integrated CoolReader (LBook, Azbuka) & can help with testing & compering.
Coolreader author have thread for supporting.

P.S.: sorry for my English.
MihaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:02 AM   #38
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Latest version for 90x

The latest version as of now for the 90x.

This is just the app itself. so you need to download one file from the other posts to get the skins and stylesheets and other files which are needed (crengine folder, which needs to go to the share folder) and a keybinding (kacirs works quite well).

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cr3-0.1-beta1-90x.zip (2.25 MB, 479 views)
Old 03-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #39
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
can't find extensions.cfg on my pb302

I'm trying to install Coolreader on my pb302, but I don't seem to have extensions.cfg anywhere on the ereader. I looked in system/ and followed the config.lnk links to the config directory in my profile directory. The extensions.cfg is nowhere to be found however.

I do use a named profile, and am running firmware 15.2.

Please help, I'm very curious if Coolreader is better than fbreader or Adobe Reader.

============================
found extensions.cfg on the net and put it on the PB302, works like a charm now

Last edited by joepie; 03-12-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: problem solved
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #40
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Yesterday I gave CR a hard job, opening "the story of my life" by G. Casanova (epub german edition ~ 1200 pages at fontsize 17 on my 602 with 127 footnotes).
It took nearly15 minutes to open the first time, 5 minutes subsequent ( fbreader180 1 minute, AdobeViewer a few seconds, fbreader not at all) and footnotes not working. How will I adress "link mode" in the keymap.ini, or is it a problem with the programm itself, because I set "Footnotes on page bottom"in settings?
BTW footnotes are also not working with the fbreader180
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 AM   #41
review
Addict

Hi Troll,
yes, the initial opening time is always longer than sebsequent ones. However, 15 minutes and 5 minutes sounds really well beyond what should be considered normal. Now analytically speaking we have two categories of problems.
a) it's a problem of the actual port
b) it's a problem with coolreader and this specific file.

In order to understand if it a problem of the actual ported code (option a) it is easier to check if it could be option b. So this would mean to try to open this file with coolreader on a different platform (PC or other ebook reader with coolreader). (Maybe send this file to someone in another forum).

If it takes on those other platfrom also a considerable amount of time (take different processor speeds also into considerations) then it actually might be a problem originated in coolreader and needs to be addressed by the maintainer/developer of coolreader.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #42
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
runs like a charm

Just tried Coolreader for a while.

The initial start is indeed a bit slower than fbreader, but not unacceptable at all. I have opened several books and never minded the waiting.

The text in my books is formatted very nicely, much better than fbreader or fbreader180.

However, the pictures in most of the books are quite bad, up to the point that they are unusable. That's not so good as the pictures are neccesary to understand some of the texts. fbreader180 is a lot better in presenting the same pictures.
Also, Coolreader doesn't remember the last page I was reading, so it's hard to use it right now.

Still, this is very promising, and I expect that Coolreader will be my default reader before long.

Last edited by joepie; 03-12-2011 at 02:07 PM.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #43
Ceased2Be
Ceased2Be began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
Installed it on my PB 902 but it won't open any epub file. I select the application. Get the hourglass for about 15 seconds and stops.
Maybe I'm missing something somewhere?
Ceased2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #44
reader42
Zealot

I have not much time, so only a few short comments.
Footnotes: I have one fb2 file with footnotes and they are working. I have no epubs to test.
loading time: coolreader does some caching for big files, that's why it is faster the second time. I don't think I can change somesthing with the overall loading time. My code just says load this file, and everything else is done by the backend.
pictures: for some reason, I get only black/white data in the book itself. I have not figured out why, but that is definitively a bug in my port.
remembering last page: this works for me. Could you post the log-file?
Ceased2be: log-file please, so I can see where it is failing

Last edited by reader42; 03-12-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #45
Ceased2Be
Ceased2Be began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
Ok... copied all the files again and it's working now must've gone something wrong when dismounting the reader from Ubuntu.
epub opens fine now.
Only to fiddle with the keymaps.ini now
Ceased2Be is offline   Reply With Quote