Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Christopher888
Christopher888 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Buying 903 in Canada?

Hi,

I am looking to buy or preorder the upcoming pocketbook 903. I am based in Canada so a webstore or store in Canada would be preferable, but also a webstore in the USA would also work.

Does anyone know of any Canadian and/or US online shops that will be carrying the Pocketbook 903?

Thanks
Chris
Christopher888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
http://www.dulinsbooks.com/ will be of help.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The online shop http://www.tigerdirect.ca has some of their current models for sale. I'm hoping that the 90X models show up there eventually, as well.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
The prices on tigerdirect are outrageous! I would also recommend http://www.dulinsbooks.com/ I bought my PB 301+ from them. Also, if you live reasonably close to the border, a nice option is to have it shipped to a parcel holding company in the US and then pick it up in person from there. This way, you avoid having to pay for international shipping + brokerage fees.
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
The prices on tigerdirect are outrageous! I would also recommend http://www.dulinsbooks.com/ I bought my PB 301+ from them. Also, if you live reasonably close to the border, a nice option is to have it shipped to a parcel holding company in the US and then pick it up in person from there. This way, you avoid having to pay for international shipping + brokerage fees.
You're right about the outrageous tigerdirect prices (which are strange, because prices for other hardware on the site are pretty competitive). However, I don't have a car (or passport), so scooting across the border isn't an option for me. The $78 international shipping fee will eat into a lot of the base price advantage. Personally, I'm going to wait to see whether I can get the 902 from within Canada first for a reasonable price. If not, Dulin's looks like a good option.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
You're right about the outrageous tigerdirect prices (which are strange, because prices for other hardware on the site are pretty competitive). However, I don't have a car (or passport), so scooting across the border isn't an option for me. The $78 international shipping fee will eat into a lot of the base price advantage. Personally, I'm going to wait to see whether I can get the 902 from within Canada first for a reasonable price. If not, Dulin's looks like a good option.
The $78 international shipping fee is for Express shipping.
You can get a shipping quote for your region (country) when you check out. Dulin's Books supports general international shipping options too. You just need to enter your country and zip code.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Dodo
Dodo is on a distinguished road

Device: none
The $78 fee is for express shipping. There are definitely less expensive shipping options, including US postal service, and non-priority shipping from UPS or Fedex. If I were you, I would contact Dulin's to find out if any of these other less expensive options are available. Another thing to keep in mind is that FedEx (and possibly UPS) automatically charge a brokerage fee for international packages, in addition to any customs duty that Canadian customs might charge. If I recall correctly, USPS only charges actual customs fees but no brokerage fees. Something to keep in mind when ordering from the US...
Dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
The $78 fee is for express shipping. There are definitely less expensive shipping options, including US postal service, and non-priority shipping from UPS or Fedex. If I were you, I would contact Dulin's to find out if any of these other less expensive options are available. Another thing to keep in mind is that FedEx (and possibly UPS) automatically charge a brokerage fee for international packages, in addition to any customs duty that Canadian customs might charge. If I recall correctly, USPS only charges actual customs fees but no brokerage fees. Something to keep in mind when ordering from the US...
Thanks Dodo (and katzki) for the valuable information. I've heard about the UPS brokerage fees in the past, but not for Fedex. I will keep all this in mind when deciding on who to buy from, and on what type of delivery.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:30 AM   #9
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I also second Dulin's, as on top of everything else this guy is often on this forum and always very helpful - that tells you something about the quality of after sales service you can expect.
Should you find that delivery costs are too high, a bunch of places to buy in Canada is here, though I have no idea of how good/reliable they are.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
Should you find that delivery costs are too high, a bunch of places to buy in Canada is here, though I have no idea of how good/reliable they are.
Yes, I looked at that link before, and both of the listed stores are in New York city. I always knew there were a lot of Canadians living in NYC, but I didn't think we took the place over.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
dulin's looks like a good option to me, usps shipping was quoted to me at $28 for the IQ.
Definately dont go ups or fedex if you can help it, the brokerage fees are ridiculous.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #12
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrlamia View Post
dulin's looks like a good option to me, usps shipping was quoted to me at $28 for the IQ.
Definately dont go ups or fedex if you can help it, the brokerage fees are ridiculous.