Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-13-2023, 10:22 AM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Ah, you get the normal point on the $10 spend also. Silly me.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 11:56 AM   #32
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
And the question is... What is the cheapest non-free Kindle book? I've got several $9.99 books on my wishlist, but it's not worth it to me to spend much over $10.
I've seen a few for 40 cents. Not often, and not something I've picked up, but they do pop up once in a while.

I usually use my $3 credit for something on my 'too expensive' list, but once in a while I'll pick up three 99 cent ebooks with it. Just depends.

I have a Wish List just on Kindle Unlimited books. I tried it, but decided I'd rather read my TBR pile than try to read enough each month to pay for the subscription.

But, they tend to go free once in a while. So I pop them on my KU Wish List, then sort 'low to high' on price. One day I had three of them go free so just picked them up that way.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2023, 01:47 AM   #33
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
Quote:
And the question is... What is the cheapest non-free Kindle book? I've got several $9.99 books on my wishlist, but it's not worth it to me to spend much over $10.
They have an assortment at $0.99, $1.99 and $2.99. Sometimes these are one day markdowns. I have filled in several series holes at these prices on one day markdowns.

My $9.99 book left me $0.01 short of the $10 punch card but I figured something would be available before the time limit. Today I picked up a $.99 special just because it sounded kinda humorous.

Take Back Tomorrow: A Pulp-Era Time Travel Adventure

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071DMIDQ
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 07:23 AM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
So, having bought a $1.99 Kindle book the other day, I was all set to pull the trigger on a wishlist book for $9.99 when fortunately my attention was caught by a glaring lack. That is, while purchasing either the hardback or the paperback would get me Kindle points, the Kindle book option was conspicuously blank on that. Huh. Why, Amazon, why?

This happened to me once before but I didn't notice until I didn't get the points. Certainly the main page doesn't indicate that it's only some Kindle books; you have to click through to T&C to see that it's only "eligible" Kindle books. Whatever that means. Infuriating in itself, it's even more so in that the paper options qualify.

Back to the drawing board.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:27 PM   #35
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Certainly the main page doesn't indicate that it's only some Kindle books; you have to click through to T&C to see that it's only "eligible" Kindle books. Whatever that means. Infuriating in itself, it's even more so in that the paper options qualify.

Back to the drawing board.
They really should be clearer about what is 'eligible'. There may be a way the authors/publishers could opt out, so won't be on the list.

So, now I know to look closer.
Advert
Old 04-21-2023, 03:13 PM   #36
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Clarity does not seem to be a priority for amazon.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 03:23 PM   #37
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
This is all it says on the landing page for Kindle rewards:

Quote:
Earn Kindle Points. Get 5 points per dollar spent on Kindle books and 2 points per dollar spent on print books.
Surely that implies any Kindle book, i.e., all Kindle books? Why would anyone assume differently? Couldn't they say, "most Kindle books" to avoid confusion? Why is it in their interest to piss people off when it doesn't work as expected?

Sigh. Frequently I feel like Charlie Brown and Amazon is Lucy with a football. And I fall for it, every time.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 03:44 PM   #38
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Has anyone tried stacking their credits? For example, 3 x 300 = $9 credit. All I ever see are emails and reminders stating "You have 300 Kindle points! Redeem now for a $3 Kindle book credit" when, in fact, I have many more points. I have reviewed the T&Cs and (cleverly) the specific question is not addressed unless I have missed something. Is this Amazon's way of forcing three book purchases, with smaller $3 credits, as opposed to one using the entire $9 (in this example)?

Yes, I realize I could test it myself but I would prefer to know the terms before I start the 30-day clock.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 08:42 PM   #39
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Nope but I hope that they do. That's what I'm saving them as my plan is to stack to buy a book that never goes on sale.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 10:39 PM   #40
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Has anyone tried stacking their credits? For example, 3 x 300 = $9 credit. All I ever see are emails and reminders stating "You have 300 Kindle points! Redeem now for a $3 Kindle book credit" when, in fact, I have many more points. I have reviewed the T&Cs and (cleverly) the specific question is not addressed unless I have missed something. Is this Amazon's way of forcing three book purchases, with smaller $3 credits, as opposed to one using the entire $9 (in this example)?

Yes, I realize I could test it myself but I would prefer to know the terms before I start the 30-day clock.
I've redeemed multiple saved credits at once time and then used them to get something with a higher price. For example, I used some to get a discount on a pricey textbook on Victorian sensation fiction.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 12:17 AM   #41
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
Quote:
Has anyone tried stacking their credits? For example, 3 x 300 = $9 credit.
Yes, I have a couple of times. You have to redeem them individually without any purchases in between. Redeem 300 points, refresh and do it again until your balance drops below 300 or you have reached the total you want to redeem. They say it can take up to 24 hours for the credits to show up in your account but it was immediate for me when I have done it. I verified the credit was there and then made my purchase.

You can't select which purchase to apply the credit towards; it is automatically applied to your next book purchase, so don't do the redemption until you are ready to use it.
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 02:37 PM   #42
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Has anyone tried stacking their credits? For example, 3 x 300 = $9 credit.
Yes, several times, as Kindleing has explained.

When I've done it, the credits were applied immediately after each redemption. You may have to wait a few minutes between each redemption to let the system catch up.

You can check by having a second tab open to the book you want to use the credits on, and it'll show you what the credit are as they're appleid. Just refresh the tab.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:48 PM   #43
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleing View Post
Yes, I have a couple of times. You have to redeem them individually without any purchases in between. Redeem 300 points, refresh and do it again until your balance drops below 300 or you have reached the total you want to redeem. They say it can take up to 24 hours for the credits to show up in your account but it was immediate for me when I have done it. I verified the credit was there and then made my purchase.

You can't select which purchase to apply the credit towards; it is automatically applied to your next book purchase, so don't do the redemption until you are ready to use it.
Thank you, this is precisely what I wanted to know.

Thanks also @DuskyRose.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:06 PM   #44
DuskyRose
Guru

Just got the email...

2X kindle Points wehn you purchase between 12:00am and 11:59 PST on April 27th
Old 04-26-2023, 06:09 PM   #45
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
Just got the email...

2X kindle Points wehn you purchase between 12:00am and 11:59 PST on April 27th
I was gonna post the same. I even have a $5 Amazon credit from Bing and a KU exclusive' lined up for purchase. Man, I'm a nerd.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote