Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 06:41 AM   #1
stebrick
stebrick began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
[Help] Marvin 3 can only read chapter cover, not other pages

I'm trying to read epub with Marvin 3 on iPad. I have several books written in Chinese but they cant be read properly with Marvin 3. Put it simply, when I slide the pages, the app just skips to next chapter. It doesn't recognize the existance of all other pages except those chapter cover. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the vertical alignment, which is typical format for Chinese books.

I attach herewith the problematic epub file for further troubleshooting / analysis. I must emphasis that the Apple's own iBook can read it without any problem. I think it's Marvin 3 causing the issue? I tried running a book check in Calibre. There were a few errors but I dont understand what they are, hence seeking help here hoping someone could help

Attachment: [deleted]

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-22-2021 at 02:59 PM.
stebrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 03:27 AM   #2
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebrick View Post
I'm trying to read epub with Marvin 3 on iPad. I have several books written in Chinese but they cant be read properly with Marvin 3. Put it simply, when I slide the pages, the app just skips to next chapter. It doesn't recognize the existance of all other pages except those chapter cover. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the vertical alignment, which is typical format for Chinese books.

I attach herewith the problematic epub file for further troubleshooting / analysis. I must emphasis that the Apple's own iBook can read it without any problem. I think it's Marvin 3 causing the issue? I tried running a book check in Calibre. There were a few errors but I dont understand what they are, hence seeking help here hoping someone could help

Attachment: Attachment 188159
I think by vertical alignment you actually mean vertical layout or EPUB vertical writing mode. Marvin 3 was not designed to support EPUB vertical writing mode. Go get something else for this kind of books.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebrick View Post
IAttachment: [deleted]
Moderator Notice
Please don't post copyright books to MobileRead without the author's permission.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote