Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2024, 04:37 AM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Retrieve list of books bought

Hello,
I wonder if anybody ever tried to retrieve in some form (a list would be ok) all the books bought on Kobo site. Possibly also the archived ones, it should be possible to interrogate the site, in some way.
I am buying from both Kobo and Amazon, (usually preferring Kobo, to support it) but I find it increasingly difficult to check that I am not buying doubles, because sometime books may be in the archive, or I do not update them correctly in my Calibre library.
Anything would be a great help!

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:03 AM   #2
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
If I am logged in to my Kobo account and looking at a title I already own there is a message telling me that I own that book. If it it's an archived title the message says that I have removed it from my library and there is a button to restore the title to my library. But I can see all my purchased and archived books at any time in the My Books section of my account.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240316_105815.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	206927  
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2024, 08:21 AM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Username View Post
If I am logged in to my Kobo account and looking at a title I already own there is a message telling me that I own that book. If it it's an archived title the message says that I have removed it from my library and there is a button to restore the title to my library. But I can see all my purchased and archived books at any time in the My Books section of my account.
Thanks, but I am interested in getting the whole list, in a csv or excel like list, otherwise I have to go one by one.
Thanks anyway

Bruno
Old 03-16-2024, 09:09 AM   #4
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
Thanks, but I am interested in getting the whole list, in a csv or excel like list, otherwise I have to go one by one.
Thanks anyway

Bruno
You said you wanted

Quote:
to retrieve in some form (a list would be ok) all the books bought on Kobo site. Possibly also the archived ones, it should be possible to interrogate the site, in some way.
That's what you get if you go to the My Books section of your account, a list of every book you have bought from Kobo.
It can be sorted by title, author, series, status or date added. You can filter the list by genre. You can search the list with whatever search terms you choose. Your archived items are in another list which can be sorted or searched in the same way. The Archived list even includes all the previews you've looked at. If the lists in My Books isn't what you want, can you explain why that list doesn't help you?

(I've checked the kobo.com/it site to make sure it has same features as kobo/en.)

Edit: do you mean you want a list that you can export from Kobo?
2nd edit: The list functions above is on the website, I can't see these functions on the app.

Last edited by Witty Username; 03-16-2024 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:45 AM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
You said you wanted

That's what you get if you go to the My Books section of your account, a list of every book you have bought from Kobo.
It can be sorted by title, author, series, status or date added. You can filter the list by genre. You can search the list with whatever search terms you choose. Your archived items are in another list which can be sorted or searched in the same way. The Archived list even includes all the previews you've looked at. If the lists in My Books isn't what you want, can you explain why that list doesn't help you?

(I've checked the kobo.com/it site to make sure it has same features as kobo/en.)

Edit: do you mean you want a list that you can export from Kobo?
2nd edit: The list functions above is on the website, I can't see these functions on the app.
Yes on the edit, perhaps I did not explain myself very clearly, apologies for that. Unfortunately the list on the Kobo "Books" section is non-existent. An export, yes. It is cumbersome to scroll all books. I know there is a sort and a search, but I cannot have a global view. I have something like 1600 books bought on this site and I'd like to do some operation globally, not on a single book/author/series. It's a wish I have.
Thanks

Bruno
Advert
Old 03-16-2024, 10:37 AM   #6
Witty Username
Addict

I believe you can do that with Calibre using the catalogue feature.

This thread in the Calibre board of mobileread might help you get started.
Old 03-16-2024, 10:56 AM   #7
brudigia
Evangelist

Quote:
I believe you can do that with Calibre using the catalogue feature.

This thread in the Calibre board of mobileread might help you get started.
Thanks, I'll look there. But it doesn't help with my archived books, I need to de-archive them all.
For now thanks
Old 03-16-2024, 11:38 AM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Not sure if this tool handles archived content but take a look at https://github.com/TnS-hun/kobo-book-downloader

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 01:14 PM   #9
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
On a side note, I wish the wishlist on the Kobo website could be sorted. And I wish the rows were not so big.

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 01:29 PM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
On a side note, I wish the wishlist on the Kobo website could be sorted. And I wish the rows were not so big.

Oddly it sorts if accessed on eink Kobo. Strange it doesn't on Web browser
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:59 PM   #11
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post

Yeah, sorting the wishlist by price is one of my biggest... uh, wishes here.

As for the list of books bought, I track that information in Calibre. I have custom columns for the purchase source and purchase price. (I just use the default 'date' column for purchase date.) Unfortunately this required a lot of going back through the purchase history page and sometimes even email receipts to manually input everything.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-16-2024 at 06:01 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote