Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-24-2023, 05:17 PM   #76
drvenom
drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drvenom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
At this point are the kobos among the best devices for koreader? Still debating if I should keep the libra 2 as a koreader host. I normally get a device freeze about once a week but I got a few this past week.
drvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 02:03 AM   #77
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
Talking

I can only recommend a Kindle. I used a Kindle 4 (with buttons), then a PW2 first with Coolreader and then with KOreader. It just always worked. No problems, battery lasted forever.

The last two years I had an Onyx Poke 2. There were minor problems every now and then. The battery died after two years. Then I tried a Pocketbook Era, quite good, but not quite seamless. The start on the sleep mode took a long time. And the device weighs a lot.

So I bought a Kindle Oasis 3. Fantastic, Koreader works flawlessly. Super screen, light weight, quick start from sleep mode. Warm and cold light...

Amazon sells good hardware. If you can get one with appropriate firmware, I can fully recommend.
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 07:06 AM   #78
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
But a new Kindle likely can't run KOReader.
Any Android eink or other can easily. Some of them are better HW than a Kindle.
Any Kobo can easily run KOReader and is good HW.

The only reason to buy a Kindle is simple access to Amazon Kindle titles, or subscription to KU.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:51 AM   #79
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelschraube View Post
I can only recommend a Kindle. I used a Kindle 4 (with buttons), then a PW2 first with Coolreader and then with KOreader. It just always worked. No problems, battery lasted forever.

The last two years I had an Onyx Poke 2. There were minor problems every now and then. The battery died after two years. Then I tried a Pocketbook Era, quite good, but not quite seamless. The start on the sleep mode took a long time. And the device weighs a lot.

So I bought a Kindle Oasis 3. Fantastic, Koreader works flawlessly. Super screen, light weight, quick start from sleep mode. Warm and cold light...

Amazon sells good hardware. If you can get one with appropriate firmware, I can fully recommend.
In your summary of the devices on which you have installed KOReader you have hit the nail on the head: the best device will always be the one that best suits your preferences. Personal experience is irreplaceable. That's why in this thread we will never find a device that is unanimous. There simply can't be.
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 01:09 PM   #80
Winkelschraube
Connoisseur
Winkelschraube began at the beginning.

Device: The (orly) amazing Kindle Oasis 3
True.
Winkelschraube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 08:48 AM   #81
cocojambo
cocojambo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara E2
I own a Kobo Clara E2 and has some issues and freezes at time and is super slow at other times but overall I'd say is not too shabby for what it is. A very cheap device for reading books.

Kindles only make sense if you use Amazon services for books otherwise they don't support MOBI out of the box and only work with their custom amazon format.

So in conclusion I'd say Kobo are the best devices. KOReader makes the device many times more useful especially for reading PDFs and comic books.
cocojambo is offline   Reply With Quote