Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 08:26 PM   #1261
dina_
dina_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I haven't had an e-reader until now, I'm thinking about buying a new Libre color. Is there a possibility of putting some other program for taking notes, I am most interested in inserting or Copy/paste pictures in notes? Tnx
dina_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:20 PM   #1262
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@dina_

Moderator Notice
Please do not double post. You received a reply to your query in the kobopatch request thread and replied to that reply long before posting your duplicate message in this thread.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 03:23 AM   #1263
dina_
dina_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
thanks for the warning, this thread was mentioned in that reply and that maybe someone here will be able to do it. I was busy with my outside life, so I asked the question here a little later. The post is duplicated because English is not my native language and I don't know how else to ask the question. It was not my intention to spam
dina_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #1264
lmfb13
lmfb13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Any ideas on why I'm unable to change the NickelMenu icon on my wife's Libra 2 but when I changed mine just the other day it worked fine?

Her Kobo is brand new and I just installed everything and brought over the same config file and png that I was using. Here's the lines I have that relate to the icon. I have a bunch of other stuff in the config file and everything works fine including the label, just the icon isn't showing up no matter what I try. I have the png in the root folder like it is on my ereader as well. I've tried moving it and adjusting the config file accordingly.

experimental :menu_main_15505_label :Shortcuts
experimental :menu_main_15505_icon :/mnt/onboard/shortcuts.png
lmfb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #1265
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmfb13 View Post
Any ideas on why I'm unable to change the NickelMenu icon on my wife's Libra 2 but when I changed mine just the other day it worked fine?

Her Kobo is brand new and I just installed everything and brought over the same config file and png that I was using. Here's the lines I have that relate to the icon. I have a bunch of other stuff in the config file and everything works fine including the label, just the icon isn't showing up no matter what I try. I have the png in the root folder like it is on my ereader as well. I've tried moving it and adjusting the config file accordingly.

experimental :menu_main_15505_label :Shortcuts
experimental :menu_main_15505_icon :/mnt/onboard/shortcuts.png
Try to check the directory of your icon.png

Code:
experimental:menu_main_15505_label:Nickel+
experimental:menu_main_15505_icon:/mnt/onboard/.adds/nmicon/.NickelMenuIcon.png
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nmicon.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	207705   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	42
Size:	554.9 KB
ID:	207706  
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #1266
lmfb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Try to check the directory of your icon.png

Code:
experimental:menu_main_15505_label:Nickel+
experimental:menu_main_15505_icon:/mnt/onboard/.adds/nmicon/.NickelMenuIcon.png
Right now I have it in the root directory. I tried putting it in the same folder that you have and changed my config file to match (tried both with and without the file being hidden) but it still just shows the three horizontal lines as the icon, even after a reboot
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #1267
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmfb13 View Post
Right now I have it in the root directory. I tried putting it in the same folder that you have and changed my config file to match (tried both with and without the file being hidden) but it still just shows the three horizontal lines as the icon, even after a reboot
Make sure the size of the Nickelmenu icon (bit depth 32) is following your Kobo model:
24 x 24 pixels, Trilogy: Touch A/B/C, Mini, Touch 2
30 x 30 pixels, Phoenix: Aura, Aura Edition 2, Glo, Nia
42 x 42 pixels, Dragon: Aura HD, Aura H2O, Aura H2O Edition 2, Glo HD, Clara HD, Elipsa, Libra 2
50 x 50 pixels, Storm:Libra H2O
56 x 56 pixels, Daylight: Aura ONE, Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Elipsa2E
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #1268
lmfb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatuluang View Post
Make sure the size of the Nickelmenu icon (bit depth 32) is following your Kobo model:
24 x 24 pixels, Trilogy: Touch A/B/C, Mini, Touch 2
30 x 30 pixels, Phoenix: Aura, Aura Edition 2, Glo, Nia
42 x 42 pixels, Dragon: Aura HD, Aura H2O, Aura H2O Edition 2, Glo HD, Clara HD, Elipsa, Libra 2
50 x 50 pixels, Storm:Libra H2O
56 x 56 pixels, Daylight: Aura ONE, Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Elipsa2E
That was totally it. Fixed it immediately. Thanks! What I'm very confused on is why the previous file was working on my kobo but not hers. I must have accidentally downloaded a different file.

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel