Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
drd1135
drd1135 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Hello from Virginia, USA

Hello,

New member here. The college I work at has been letting us check out Kindles since last summer, and I finally broke done and bought a Kindle 2. I'm hoping to learn many new tricks and ideas on this forum.
drd1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi drd1135 and welcome to the Forum. Good to have another Virginian in the group.

Do you have your Kindle2 in hand yet and, if so, how do you like it?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hello drd1135 and welcome to MobileRead

Wow, nice college perk Did the Kindle check out system encourage many of you to buy your own?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
DesiLinguist
Computational Linguist
DesiLinguist doesn't litterDesiLinguist doesn't litter

Device: iLiad BE, iPhone, Kindle DX
Hi drd1135, welcome to the forum. I live in a DC suburb. Good to see the DC/MD/VA area well represented
DesiLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiLinguist View Post
Hi drd1135, welcome to the forum. I live in a DC suburb. Good to see the DC/MD/VA area well represented
We had a DC area Meet Up back in August and will probably have another once the weather improves
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
drd1135
drd1135 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Thanks for the welcome.

I know of three people who bought a new Kindle after trying it. I like the Kindle 2 as a device, especially the joystick. OTOH, I wouldn't be too bothered if I had a Kindle 1. I have had trouble downloading from books from this site directly to the Kindle. Th Basic browser keeps failing for some reason. Anyway, it worked fine through my computer. I must admit the sight of all these free books males me a bit giddy. My colleague also enjoys the classics, so I'll direct her here.
drd1135 is offline   Reply With Quote