Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
Squigatoo
Squigatoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX
Choosing which file types Calibre looks for on the device

I have a Kindle Fire HDX that I use both for reading ebooks and comics. However, I don't want to manage my comics using Calibre. When I plug in my kindle, it reads them as books on the device. How do I make it so that calibre ignores .cbz files when reading the books on device? Any help is appreciated.
Squigatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not tested,

but you could try:

Configure the driver's supported formats list

BTW, you need to let the initial search complete, then set the folder (in the driver) to use in the future
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Squigatoo

I apologize, I'm not exactly "new" to calibre, I've used it for a while and even created a metadata plugboard or two for when I transfer books to my devices, but I can't find anything regarding drivers or how to configure them. The calibre manual didn't have any information about drivers either.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigatoo View Post
I apologize, I'm not exactly "new" to calibre, I've used it for a while and even created a metadata plugboard or two for when I transfer books to my devices, but I can't find anything regarding drivers or how to configure them. The calibre manual didn't have any information about drivers either.
I go the Preferences: Plugins: Device Interface: (device model) route

there is the Configure Device option (on the device icon) once a device is connected
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Squigatoo

Wonderful, thank you so much! I was able to tell Calibre to only search my specific books folder, and not to search the comics subfolder. Another benefit I noticed is that rather than taking 4 to 8 minutes to find books on device, it now takes 4 to 11 seconds Thank you so much!
Advert