Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have Amazon Prime and they ship almost everything they can FedEx Smartpost.

Funny though I haven't had a UPS from Amazon in almost a year and I order from Amazon alot. I order the Kitties a small packet of pills and guess what it came UPS! My UPS guy even remarked how much he hasn't been up this way since I stop ordering as he handed me the tiny manilla envelope. I told him it's not me it's Amazon they are using Smartpost more and more but I should see you in October when I get the new Kindles. He was like "I just was going to ask if you ordered those." He knows me too well.
Interesting I get at least 3 deliveries a week from Amazon and they all come by UPS. I wonder if it has to do with locale??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Interesting I get at least 3 deliveries a week from Amazon and they all come by UPS. I wonder if it has to do with locale??
I think it depends what you buy. Last things I bought was Webcam, Books and DVDs.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #18
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Everything I buy on Amazon Prime, whether it's DVDs, garden supplies, etc. comes UPS. Only some third party products come to my house by another means or items not Amazon Prime.
But I suspect it's all down to a logistics issue by Amazon. I'm sure they have this down to a science.
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:13 AM   #19
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Same here, all my Amazon Prime and Zappos deliveries come through UPS.

Blossom, that's kind of cool and kind of creepy that your UPS guy knows so much about your buying habits; I can't decide which one ....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Same here, all my Amazon Prime and Zappos deliveries come through UPS.

Blossom, that's kind of cool and kind of creepy that your UPS guy knows so much about your buying habits; I can't decide which one ....
Oh he's awesome! He's a older fellow. Had him now nearly five years. He seen me at my worse. We're talking blown up hair and squinting at the sun without my teeth brushed. (This was before UPS my Choice)

He thinks it's funny how excited I get when I get a new Kindle. You can't hide a Kindle box. It says right on the package what it is and I've been known to squeal loudly when they arrive.
Advert
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #21
Don Quixote
Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm going with creepy. Yes, without a doubt creepy.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

It's not creepy. I live in the south and a small town were everyone is pretty personal. It's just the way we are down here.

Befriending the UPS guy who goes above and beyond is a good idea. I know you're not suppose to tip the drivers but they work so hard during the Holidays that I always get them a little extra something for Christmas. So I had this guy for 5 years I even put in a good word at the Depot that this guy is the model of what a UPS driver should be. Always nice, courteous and doesn't leave anything on my porch. I have to sign for it and I love this. No neighbors can steal anything because he knows me and my husband.

Before him I had a driver who was a jerk! I told the depot not to ever send that guy again after he nearly broke a expensive package with his carelessness. They assigned this guy instead and I have been happy with UPS ever since.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #23
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Yeah me and my dog know our man in brown pretty well too. If you see anyone with a certain degree of frequency why wouldn't you?
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #24
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I love my UPS guy in Germany. We own a company and are using UPS to send some of our deliveries. He is super helpful, and we have kids the same age, and once, as our kids were babies, he came with his little boy and his wife on a sunday just to say hello.

Now, in Spain, I like, but not love, my MRW guy. Not the same relationship.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
It's not creepy. I live in the south and a small town were everyone is pretty personal. It's just the way we are down here.

Befriending the UPS guy who goes above and beyond is a good idea. I know you're not suppose to tip the drivers but they work so hard during the Holidays that I always get them a little extra something for Christmas. So I had this guy for 5 years I even put in a good word at the Depot that this guy is the model of what a UPS driver should be. Always nice, courteous and doesn't leave anything on my porch. I have to sign for it and I love this. No neighbors can steal anything because he knows me and my husband.

Before him I had a driver who was a jerk! I told the depot not to ever send that guy again after he nearly broke a expensive package with his carelessness. They assigned this guy instead and I have been happy with UPS ever since.
I'm from the East Coast and it is the same with my UPS driver. Mr. Brown and I are getting quite close, I may have to add him to my Christmas list...
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #26
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
The last few generations of Kindle, Amazon shipped them a little early and if I remember correctly also provided upgraded shipping as a "thank you". Since that didn't seem to happen this time, I changed my shipping from free 2-day to overnight so my new arrival date is 1 Oct.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

I love my UPS guy too, so I totally understand! They switch them around on me a little bit, but I have 2 that I especially like. They are so nice and super friendly and they love my dogs too. (I have to love anyone that fusses over my dogs. hehe.) Mine know about my love of the Kindles too because they see the boxes get delivered. When I was going through all the replacements he kept asking me if I finally got a good one. (He's a Kindle user too!)
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
The last few generations of Kindle, Amazon shipped them a little early and if I remember correctly also provided upgraded shipping as a "thank you". Since that didn't seem to happen this time, I changed my shipping from free 2-day to overnight so my new arrival date is 1 Oct.
I was thinking of doing the same, but did not want to risk pushing my delivery date out by a week or more -> LINK
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #29
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I was thinking of doing the same, but did not want to risk pushing my delivery date out by a week or more -> LINK
Hmm that's odd as Amazon still lists them as shipping starting Sept 30th so it seems they have good stock this time. Last year when the PW was brand new I know that wasn't the case, but it seems to be this time going by their ship date on the site of Sept. 30th.

What you could do is place a brand new order using 1 day ship and see what you get. If it works out, then cancel your other order.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #30
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I hate you guys for getting your PW2 so much earlier than us ! Please post pics and impression as soon as you get them !!

and
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote