Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Thumbs up Create Catalog - fantastic feature !

...and I've just discovered it

I've just generated a catalog in ePub format ant it's perfect.

One question. The generated date - the one shown under "My books" - seems to be taken from the locale language settings. My OS is always in English, but my locale is not.

Is there any way to insert the generated date in English?

Did I say it was a fantastic feature?

Last edited by paulfiera; 01-12-2011 at 10:07 AM.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
By default, there are four places where dates are shown in a generated catalog:
  • Books by Authors (year of publication appended to title)
  • Books by Series (year of publication appended to title)
  • Recently Added sections (month/year book added to database)
  • Description (year of publication opposite cover thumbnail)

Which of these are you referring to, and what specifically are you seeing?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thanks, GRiker

I'm just referring only to the date format shown under "My books" - or whatever you have chosen as your catalog title - everything else is perfect.

But do not waste your time with this issue. I can open the catalog.epub on Sigil - or in Tweak ePub - and just change the date formatting.

Last edited by paulfiera; 01-12-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
paulfiera
Addict

But you know what would be really, really awesome? To be able to open a book from the catalog.

Say, you've just finished a book and you want to read something else. You browse the catalog and..aha: I'd like to read this book. Tap on the catalog link and open the book.

I know there a lot of caveats with this approach. You may have a book in your catalog and not in your reader, etc. I don't even know if this is feasable but that would be the extreme catalog feature.

Anyways, kudos - many - to the catalog developer.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
But you know what would be really, really awesome? To be able to open a book from the catalog.

Say, you've just finished a book and you want to read something else. You browse the catalog and..aha: I'd like to read this book. Tap on the catalog link and open the book.

I know there a lot of caveats with this approach. You may have a book in your catalog and not in your reader, etc. I don't even know if this is feasable but that would be the extreme catalog feature.

Anyways, kudos - many - to the catalog developer.
I agree, the ability to link to the book from the catalog would be very convenient, and it's been a goal since the beginning. I have not yet discovered a way to jump from one book to another on Kindle or iDevices.

Thanks for the kudos.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I agree, the ability to link to the book from the catalog would be very convenient, and it's been a goal since the beginning. I have not yet discovered a way to jump from one book to another on Kindle or iDevices.

Thanks for the kudos.

G
Kudos, you deserve them, G.

Now, hypothetically speaking. I would take one device/eBooks software at the time.

Let's say iPad/iBooks. When you tap on a book cover in your bookshelf you are opening a book. Question is, is that API public?