Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-16-2024, 10:35 AM   #16
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No you won't. 10.0.9 is already to go.
Yes, you are absolutely right, you only need to click in the title to arrive to here: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...es/tag/v10.0.9

Sorry.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:45 AM   #17
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
Yes, you are absolutely right, you only need to click in the title to arrive to here: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...es/tag/v10.0.9

Sorry.
Got it. Thank you so much! Now to remember how to load it into Calibre. Obviously it has been a while, as I had given up on getting my purchases from Amazon to my Ipad Marvin.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 11:11 AM   #18
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No joy with 10.0.9. After installing the zip as a plugin, restarting, still get the DRM error code.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:31 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
No joy with 10.0.9. After installing the zip as a plugin, restarting, still get the DRM error code.
Have you entered your Kindle serial number?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:02 PM   #20
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Have you entered your Kindle serial number?
No, I haven't. Obviously I need to go back to the beginning and start reading the forum in more detail. Although my Kindle is so old it can't receive updates from Amazon. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-16-2024, 01:26 PM   #21
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Nope. You are out of luck due to the fact that nobody really cares about eBooks from Apple. If you want your eBooks to be read in MapleRead or Marvin, you will need calibre with DeDRM 10.0.9 and ordinary ePub not bought from Apple.

Buy from Kobo and you'll be able to remove the DRM and read them as you like.
We often don't agree - but do on this. The reason I buy from Amazon and not Apple is the ability to remove DRM from Amazon.

I keep thinking one day someone will crack Apple's DRM. But then, I haven't heard Apple promote anything iBooks related in forever. So yeah, I also agree with your "nobody really cares about eBooks from Apple".
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 01:28 PM   #22
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Appreciate your conformation. Unfortunately, I can't find anywhere to buy books that will download to my Mac for use in Calibre. Kobo won't download except for to their own software. Same for Amazon and I can't get the DeDrm to work on Amazon books. It seems all companies are tightening up their policies requiring me to read on their apps. I have been trying lately using free ebooks, maybe that is the problem.
I can work on a Mac - but it's frustrating in general I'll agree. No more so for Macs than Windows. IMHO - freely acknowledging that some folks have no issues. But this 40yr IT veteran thinks it's obtuse.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote