Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-09-2023, 06:17 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro coming to iPad May 23

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/...c-pro-to-ipad/

FCP requires Apple Silicon iPads, LP A12 or greater. And of course, a subscription (looks like one for each):

Quote:
Pricing and Availability
Starting Tuesday, May 23, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad will each be available on the App Store for $4.99 (US) per month or $49 (US) per year with a one-month free trial.

Final Cut Pro is compatible with M1 chip iPad models or later, and Logic Pro will be available on A12 Bionic chip iPad models or later. Final Cut Pro for iPad and Logic Pro for iPad require iPadOS 16.4. For more information, visit apple.com/final-cut-pro-for-ipad and apple.com/logic-pro-for-ipad.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:51 AM   #2
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Monthly subscription? no thanks. I use pages and numbers because I won't buy a subscription to office. I want to have the SE period, not have to pay and pay. I know I could buy a version of office, and may at some point, but pages and numbers fill my needs.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:14 AM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I'm using DaVinci Resolve 18.5 on my iPad Air 2020 (non-Silicon). It only handles up through HD resolution (1920 x 1080) and not 4K, but it works. In order to have an iPad silicon Pro model with enough horsepower to handle lengthy and large 4K videos would cost as much or more than a more capable MacBook. Plus DaVinci Resolve 18.5 runs very well on my MacBook Air M1 when editing 6 hours long 4K videos. FCP is more intuitive to use, but with DaVinci Resolve 18.5 now available for free, it is a no-brainer decision for me. The Studio version costs $300 (one time fee), but for a hobbyist I don't need those extra features designed for pro design studios.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The point is that these products are finally available on iPadOS, dispelling the notion that Apple withheld them to sell more macBooks, and yes, perhaps inspiring other developers to enter the fray and deliver more powerful applications for iPadOS.

Maybe this is the year Apple finally gives us Xcode for iPad.

I don't have any interest in editing video on my iPad Pro, but will probably give Logic Pro a spin. Though iPadOS still has too many restrictions about working with audio. Maybe they are finally ready to address those in iPadOS 17.
Old 05-17-2023, 01:49 PM   #5
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
For me a subscription price is a non-starter, and that is MY POINT. I can’t get excited about iPadOS apps that are caveated to death so they can run on a pathetic OS, and then Apple adds a subscription fee. Meh.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 10:11 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

There are people who will find it cheap fun, and will be up to dealing with all of the 'cavaets'. Thus was the West won.

I think I'm one of them. At least it will be another attempt to figure out how to do basic music production on iPad (something I didn't have much time for prior to retiring). We'll see. But not ready just yet.

Last edited by tomsem; 05-25-2023 at 07:45 PM.