Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2023, 07:27 PM   #2611
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
That looks similar to a problem I had about a year ago:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2373

In that case, davidfor actually updated the plugin to fix whatever the issue was. But, I had an earlier instance where either the names or the objects being pointed to in the TOC were duplicates. IIRC, I got around the issue by making sure any entries that would go into the TOC were unique and having Calibre re-generate the TOC. Unfortunately, it's been so long, I can't remember what I did. Sorry.

EDIT: And, of course, I don't understand the code at all.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 01-13-2023 at 07:35 PM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 03:34 AM   #2612
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
For what it matters, I've identified the cause of it: updating the ToC on a book where entries share the same name. Hence why I noticed it on an omnibus - there were several "chapter 1"s...

Best avoidance for this seems to be to delete the book outright from device and then re-upload it. Annoying though.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:06 AM   #2613
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
That's one of the reasons I change chapter names in multi-book or multi-part works. Instead of just Chapter 1, 2, 3...., I change it to Book Name: Chapter 1. It's a bit of a pain, but I'm in there anyway.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 02:46 AM   #2614
Glennza
Glennza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Hi everyone,

I have just been messing around setting up the Percent Read Column etc. I think I've got my head around it now.

I'm now trying to create a "Finished" column

({:'cmp(field('#percentread'),100,'','Finished','F inished')'})

and that seems to be working too but what I would really like to do is to flag books as "finished" in Calibre and have that metadata written back to the books on my Kobo Clara.

I now have a "Finished" section in collections and if I flag a book in Calibre under Custom Metadata as "percent read" = 100, it appears in the Finished section. However, the book itself still shows as "Unread".

After corrupting the Kobo database more than once, it would be great to be able to flag all of my previously read books en masse when I have to rebuild it.

What am I missing?
Glennza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 10:24 AM   #2615
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennza View Post
What am I missing?
Did you create the % Read column according to the instructions for the plugin? And did you select that column in the plugin Options tab for your specific device?

If all is correct, calibre will pick up the % Read from the books on the device each time you connect to the computer.

If you want to change the % Read in calibre, you can do that and use the plugin drop down menu to Restore to the device.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KU_Options.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	199817  
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 01:17 PM   #2616
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
what I would really like to do is to flag books as "finished" in Calibre and have that metadata written back to the books on my Kobo Clara.

[…]

What am I missing?
It seems like this is your main stumbling block – you want to be able to mark a book as “Finished” in the Kobo's metadata, not only in your Calibre library.

Have you examined the Kobo Utilities “Store/Restore Reading Position” feature or the “Update metadata in device library” feature? The first of these will allow you to set the Kobo's reading status from the columns in your Calibre library. I think the only piece which might be missing is marking the book as finished in Calibre. However, regardless of what your Kobo reading process columns say in Calibre, the “Update metadata in device library” feature can set a number of books to “Finished” en masse. So you could just do this and then the “store” part to store the finished status for those books in your Calibre columns.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:12 PM   #2617
Glennza
Glennza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
It seems like this is your main stumbling block – you want to be able to mark a book as “Finished” in the Kobo's metadata, not only in your Calibre library.

Have you examined the Kobo Utilities “Store/Restore Reading Position” feature or the “Update metadata in device library” feature? The first of these will allow you to set the Kobo's reading status from the columns in your Calibre library. I think the only piece which might be missing is marking the book as finished in Calibre. However, regardless of what your Kobo reading process columns say in Calibre, the “Update metadata in device library” feature can set a number of books to “Finished” en masse. So you could just do this and then the “store” part to store the finished status for those books in your Calibre columns.
Yes, this is what I was missing! Thank you very much.
Glennza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 04:43 PM   #2618
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Quote:
Yes, this is what I was missing! Thank you very much.
Glad I was able to help; happy reading!
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:23 AM   #2619
Parzival
Parzival began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura N514
I have a Kobo Aura N514 device. Does this plugin create a compatible text for my device when I convert it to ePUB format? If so, should I use this plugin?
Parzival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:26 AM   #2620
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
I have a Kobo Aura N514 device. Does this plugin create a compatible text for my device when I convert it to ePUB format? If so, should I use this plugin?
Is there some reason that you posted identical messages in multiple threads? Given the first message in the various Kobo threads you spammed have the information you were asking for, why not read them first before posting?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 03:57 AM   #2621
decoherent
decoherent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Hi, I'm having some trouble getting the ToC updated on my Kobo Libra H2O. The plugin worked great to add the series metadata, so thanks for that :) Something about the ToC update process makes everything fall over, though. When the plugin finishes scanning through the books on my reader, it (correctly) notes that all of them need ToC updates. However, after running a few, I'll get the following error thrown:

Code:
calibre, version 6.17.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:tuple indices must be integers or slices, not str

calibre 6.17  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5390, in update_book_toc_on_device
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5818, in update_device_toc_for_books
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5833, in update_device_toc_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 5864, in getDatabaseChapterId
TypeError: tuple indices must be integers or slices, not str
After this, I have to close calibre and disconnect/reconnect my reader before it'll do anything useful again (it just promptly throws the error otherwise). I've tried using a smaller subset of books, maybe 10 to 50, but sometimes it'll, sometimes it'll crash.

I have no idea what this means, is there a suggested fix?
decoherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 05:07 AM   #2622
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Can you narrow it down to any individual books? For example, books that have duplicate items (omnibuses with multiple 'chapter 1's) will throw a different error.

Unfortunately, davidfor passed away last year so this plugin is generally unmaintained.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 05:58 AM   #2623
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by decoherent View Post
I have no idea what this means, is there a suggested fix?
The attached beta version of the plugin *might* fix it. I don't use the plugin so I can't easily test it.

EDIT: beta version released.

Last edited by chaley; 05-11-2023 at 02:16 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:55 AM   #2624
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The attached beta version of the plugin *might* fix it. I don't use the plugin so I can't easily test it.
Was the fix specific to the H[sup]2[/sup]O? (like you, I have a Libra2 as my main reader)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 11:03 AM   #2625
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Was the fix specific to the H[sup]2[/sup]O? (like you, I have a Libra2 as my main reader)
No. The code was wrong. I don't see how it could have ever worked as it was unless the semantics of the python database calls changed.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities