Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-05-2021, 03:24 PM   #2086
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thankfully, I'm not getting the same error after updating.

In case this can be used to rule out anything:
Calibre 5.8.1 (x64), Windows 10 Home (19041), Kobo Aura HD (latest firmware).

Code:
{
  "SchemaVersion": 0.1,
  "profiles": {
    "Kobo Aura HD": {
      "customColumnOptions": {
        "currentReadingLocationColumn": "#kobobookmark",
        "lastReadColumn": "#lastread",
        "percentReadColumn": "#percentread",
        "ratingColumn": "rating"
      },
      "forDevice": "[removed just to be on the safe side]",
      "profileName": "Kobo Aura HD",
      "storeOptionsStore": {
        "doNotStoreIfReopened": false,
        "promptToStore": false,
        "storeIfMoreRecent": true,
        "storeOnConnect": true
      },
      "updateOptionsStore": {
        "doEarlyFirmwareUpdate": false,
        "doFirmwareUpdateCheck": false,
        "firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime": 0
      }
    }
  },
  "readingPositionChangesStore": {
    "selectBooksInLibrary": true,
    "updeateGoodreadsProgress": false
  }
}
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 09:20 PM   #2087
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Sonofrobot, @jwilker: That's really annoying. I was actually fixing a related problem, but, actually made it worse. Or at least more likely to be seen.

The problem is that one for the columns that you have configured does not actually exist. And, in one case, appears to have been set to an empty string. Interestingly, both seem to have the "Current reading location" missing and @jwilker also has the "Last Read" column missing. But, that two columns are missing makes me wonder if I have missed something.

Could you both run calibre in debug mode and send me the logs. That should verify if I am correct. Also, could you copy the configuration? To do this, go to the "Other" tab of the configuration dialog and press the "View library preferences" button. In the dialog that is displayed, copy the text and send that to me. This will look like what @ownedbycats has posted.

Post the log, or upload them somewhere and PM me the link if you prefer. I'll be looking at fixing this, but, would like to see the logs to make sure I haven't missed something.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #2088
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@Sonofrobot, @jwilker: That's really annoying. I was actually fixing a related problem, but, actually made it worse. Or at least more likely to be seen.

The problem is that one for the columns that you have configured does not actually exist. And, in one case, appears to have been set to an empty string. Interestingly, both seem to have the "Current reading location" missing and @jwilker also has the "Last Read" column missing. But, that two columns are missing makes me wonder if I have missed something.

Could you both run calibre in debug mode and send me the logs. That should verify if I am correct. Also, could you copy the configuration? To do this, go to the "Other" tab of the configuration dialog and press the "View library preferences" button. In the dialog that is displayed, copy the text and send that to me. This will look like what @ownedbycats has posted.

Post the log, or upload them somewhere and PM me the link if you prefer. I'll be looking at fixing this, but, would like to see the logs to make sure I haven't missed something.
Here is my configuration:

{
"SchemaVersion": 0.1,
"profiles": {
"Default": {
"customColumnOptions": {
"currentReadingLocationColumn": "#currentloc",
"lastReadColumn": "#lastread",
"percentReadColumn": "#percentread",
"ratingColumn": "rating"
},
"forDevice": "77d1d753-a2fb-4215-95c7-d25b9d579ee1",
"profileName": "Default",
"storeOptionsStore": {
"doNotStoreIfReopened": true,
"promptToStore": true,
"storeIfMoreRecent": true,
"storeOnConnect": true
},
"updateOptionsStore": {
"doEarlyFirmwareUpdate": false,
"doFirmwareUpdateCheck": false,
"firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime": 0
}
}
},
"readingPositionChangesStore": {
"selectBooksInLibrary": false,
"updeateGoodreadsProgress": true
}
}

I recently added the last read and current reading location columbns as they were empty and thought it might be causing the error. Haven't checked if it fixed it or not yet.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #2089
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unrelated to the glitch at hand, but would it be worth the effort to have a quick toggle for the autosync bookmark option somewhere to avoid digging through the preferences for it? I was thinking a "toggle autosync [off/on]" in the menu.

Two reasons I can see the usefulness of this:

1. Needing to restore the bookmark from Calibre without the incorrect bookmark syncing in first.

2. Not cluttering up an unrelated debug log with Kobo Utilities checking a few hundred books for bookmarks.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-07-2021 at 10:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #2090
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I just don't see it as worth it. Currently, it is click the menu part of the button, click configuration, click the option and then OK. Sure it isn't a single click, but the extra code isn't that worth it. Plus, if you use multiple profiles, which do you disable? And the menu is already to long. I've been thinking about how to reduce the size of the menu. The "Set time on device" option has made it to long, and I want to add at least one more. I'll have to push things into sub-menus, and this would be on a sub-menu hence reducing the ease of access.

Personally, have the "Prompt to store any changes" option enabled and cancel the changes. Or deselect the books I don't want updated. I would never remember to turn the option off until to late. And then never remember to turn it on again.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 AM   #2091
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And the menu is already to long.
Does "Set related" do anything anymore?
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #2092
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I tried it once to try to set some related books together. I didn't see any change on the Kobo. I don't think "Dismiss tiles" does anything either, at least with the new firmware.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:55 AM   #2093
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

"Set related books" doesn't do anything useful with current firmware. It probably stopped around firmware version 4.3. Which is also when "Dismiss tiles from home screen" stopped doing anything useful. But, removing them is a problem as there are, probably, people still using them. But, I can hide them for those who can't use them.

The attached beta does this, and should have fixes for the problems with getting the reading status reported by @Sonofrobot and @jwilker. The changes are:
  • Fix: Better handling of column not existing.
  • Fix: Validate selected profile when restoring/fetching reading status.
  • Change: Only display tile related and the set related menu items for firmware before 4.4.0
  • Change: Only show menu items that will might do something in current view.

If getting the reading status fails, I really need to see debug logs.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-18-2021 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:10 AM   #2094
npr
Zealot
npr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five wordsnpr can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, H2OE2, Libra 2
Thanks for this update it's fixed the issue here, same error message as the two reported above.

npr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #2095
Hyphen-ated
-
Hyphen-ated began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I came here to report the reading status bug and found it had already been reported.

The beta fixes it for me. Thanks.
Hyphen-ated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 03:06 AM   #2096
steve514
steve514 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hello,
I also came here to report a bug and can also confirm that the beta has resolved the issue. Thank you!
steve514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:33 PM   #2097
rmnelson
rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!rmnelson , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara HD
The new beta fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks!
rmnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:51 PM   #2098
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.12.3

I have just released version 2.12.3 of the plugin. This is mainly a bug fix for the issues with getting the reading status from the device. The updates are:
  • Fix: Better handling when configuration of custom columns doesn't match existing columns.
  • Fix: Validate selected profile when restoring/fetching reading status.
  • Change: Only display tile related and the set related menu items for firmware before 4.4.0
  • Change: Only show menu items that will might do something in current view.

These changes are in the recent beta versions.

Calibre will announce the availability of the update in the next hour or so. And if there are any issues, please report them here.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:06 PM   #2099
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Doubt there's anything to be done about this, but something I discovered:

if a book on the device tries to auto-sync the bookmark (note that I've turned on the prompt as suggested earlier) in the same connection that Reading List tries to auto-sync overwrite it, it may result in the book getting duplicated on the device.

It took me a while to figure out why my books sometimes duplicated instead of overwriting. Thankfully this is easily avoidable by not putting a book on the list if I've read it since last connect.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:25 PM   #2100
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Doubt there's anything to be done about this, but something I discovered:

if a book on the device tries to auto-sync the bookmark (note that I've turned on the prompt as suggested earlier) in the same connection that Reading List tries to auto-sync overwrite it, it may result in the book getting duplicated on the device.

It took me a while to figure out why my books sometimes duplicated instead of overwriting. Thankfully this is easily avoidable by not putting a book on the list if I've read it since last connect.
Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. The two actions are completely unrelated. And, as the two actions are in device jobs, they are sequential. And I do what you say all the time. I mark errors in the books, fix them and add the book to the device list. Then I connect the device. With that, I am frequently resending books that I am also getting the reading status for.

If the book is ending up on the device twice, it means the file name is different. The reason for this is that something in the save template is changed. My save template is based on the author and title. When I see a second copy added, it is usually because I changed one of these. The other times is because I enabled he extended driver and forgot to switch back.

Does your save template include the status or something that is changed by getting the status? If so that will be the problem. And the reason it doesn't always happen is that which runs first is not defined. Sometimes the reading status fetch is done first, sometimes the book send.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities