Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-27-2020, 03:48 PM   #1921
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
MJL
Kepub is unique to Kobo. You are expected to use their App or device
I get an error trying to view KePub from 4.23.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #1922
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLee View Post
I've had kepub books without any problems in calibre previously. As in converted from epub to kepub (while keeping the epub format) and the viewer has always opened in epub. This is a completely new problem dating from the latest update? How can I stop it from opening in kepub instead of epub as it did in all the previous versions?
Perhaps you should try going into Preferences, Behavior. In the right column under Use internal viewer for:, make sure that epub is checked (and possibly that kepub is unchecked) while in the left column under Preferred input format order, check that epub is higher in the list than kepub.

The next question is why you posted in the Kobo Utilities plugin forum rather than the calibre Viewer forum? Your question had nothing to do with Kobo Utilities that I can see and you had already posted in the Viewer forum about a problem and the response was that you should check in the kepub_input plugin forum.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-27-2020 at 03:57 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:24 PM   #1923
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
have you checked Preferences:Behavior: Use Internal Viewer:kepub:remove tick (Mine was ticked)
FWIW My preferred Output format is EPUB (same screen)
The Kobo plugins still send KEPEB to my Kobo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:48 PM   #1924
MJLee
Enthusiast
MJLee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Perhaps you should try going into Preferences, Behavior. In the right column under Use internal viewer for:, make sure that epub is checked (and possibly that kepub is unchecked) while in the left column under Preferred input format order, check that epub is higher in the list than kepub.

The next question is why you posted in the Kobo Utilities plugin forum rather than the calibre Viewer forum? Your question had nothing to do with Kobo Utilities that I can see and you had already posted in the Viewer forum about a problem and the response was that you should check in the kepub_input plugin forum.
Mea culpa! Posted in the wrong forum again. Oh well, I'll try the suggestions, if they don't work I'll be back in hopefully the right forum.

Edit: tried the unchecking and it didn't work

Last edited by MJLee; 09-27-2020 at 04:59 PM.
MJLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:17 PM   #1925
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@davidfor:

I randomly clicked on the "About Plugin" menu entry, and, apparently, Python 3 is not happy about it.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 658, in about
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str
This is obviously a super critical issue ... /s
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #1926
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I get a similar error when I click on Help

Code:
calibre, version 5.0.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:write() argument must be str, not bytes

calibre 5.0.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && Annotations (1, 12, 0) && Baen (1, 2, 0) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (1, 6, 0) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 9, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 23, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 5) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 184) && KePub Input (3, 2, 10) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12) && KePub Output (3, 2, 15) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 82, 3) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 5) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Modify ePub (1, 5, 9) && Obok DeDRM (6, 7, 0) && Open With (1, 5, 12) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && ScrambleEbook (0, 4, 5) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.config", line 1459, in help_link_activated
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 4941, in show_help
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 4938, in get_help_file_resource
TypeError: write() argument must be str, not bytes
The world as we know is obviously about to end!
Old 09-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #1927
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
That's it. Time to go back to Calibre 4.23 and there we'll stay forever.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #1928
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That's it. Time to go back to Calibre 4.23 and there we'll stay forever.
Is that a promise, Jon? Huzzah!!!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:30 PM   #1929
Steven Karp
Enthusiast
Steven Karp began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 Tablet / Calibre or Nexus 9 / Moon+
My thanks to everyone who offered help with my book mismatch. I finally got a chance to try your advice, and my problem is solved.

If anybody is curious, the culprit turned out to be the "Kobo Clara HD - User Guide" which Kobo, in its infinite wisdom, seems to think is a necessary addition to my library. *sigh*
Steven Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 01:24 AM   #1930
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 2.11.7

I have just updated the plugin to version 2.11.7. This this a couple of small bugs that have been reported recently. The changes are:
  • Fix: Problem fetching the status if the LastReadDate is null.
  • Fix: Correct string handling in about and help options.

Calibre should announce the update in the next hour our so. Please report any problems here.

I have also added a statement about what versions of calibre the plugin supports to the first post. I have no immediate intention to remove support for any version of calibre. But, I won't necessarily be testing with them. For the moment, I will test with 3.48 and 4.23. I can't think of a good reason not to use those versions if you are stuck with 3.x or 4.x. If anyone uses an older version of calibre and sees a problem, I'll look but I won't make any promises.

I also have no intention of supporting multiple versions of the plugin. If a change is made that you don't like, tell me and I will see if it add an option. Or maybe you can convince me I am wrong. It isn't hard, you just need to use a baseball bat. (Though I prefer a brown paper bag with large denomination bills in it.) If I do need to drop support for a calibre version, I will try to leave the last working version in one of the early posts in the thread. But, they will basically be unsupported.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:06 AM   #1931
ecorbett
ecorbett began at the beginning.

Device: kobo hd clara
thank you for coming back to me!

from what you've explained I'm able to understand that I cannot use the 'get shelves from device' as I had initially thought and hoped, but at least this has enabled me to work out an alternative for what I'd like to do, albeit with more manual entry required

thanks again for all your hard work!!
ecorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #1932
VitalisTh
Reader
VitalisTh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
order_series_shelves error

Hello everyone!

I'm having a little problem with the "Order series shelves" option. After selecting and fetching 'all' series/shelves, which goes alright, I press the okay button and get the following error:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.2.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'<' not supported between instances of 'tuple' and 'str'

calibre 5.2 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
macOS-10.15.7-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '19.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 19.6.0: Mon Aug 31 22:12:52 PDT 2020; root:xnu-6153.141.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.8.5
OSX: ('10.15.7', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 37) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 12) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 9, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 23, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 2) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 25) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Goodreads Sync (1, 14, 3) && KePub Input (3, 2, 10) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12) && KePub Output (3, 2, 15) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 7) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Library Codes (1, 0, 47) && Markdown Output (1, 0, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 1) && Open With (1, 5, 12) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 13) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 0) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && Standard Ebooks (0, 1, 0) && View Manager (1, 5, 7)
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 1491, in order_series_shelves
starting_shelves, shelves_ordered = self._order_series_shelves(shelves, self.options)
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 3169, in _order_series_shelves
debug_print("_order_series_shelves - sorted shelf_dict:", sorted(shelf_dict))
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'tuple' and 'str'
Anyone have any idea what's going on?
VitalisTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 04:02 AM   #1933
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 2.11.8

I have updated the plugin to version 2.11.8. This is a fix to the problem report by @VitalisTh with the "Order series shelves" option. There are no other changes.

The change log is:
  • Fix: Python 3 related problem with ordering shelves.

Calibre should announce the update in the next hour our so. Please report any problems here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:58 AM   #1934
VitalisTh
Reader
VitalisTh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you for the quick fix! It's working great again.
VitalisTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 02:11 PM   #1935
druss67
Connoisseur
druss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notesdruss67 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 4, PBk Lux 2, PBk Lux 3, K Aura, K Libra H2O, K Libra2
Hello,

I have this error when I start Calibre:
Is it due to the last update ?

Code:
calibre 5.2  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.15.0-118-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.15.0-118-generic', '#119-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 8 12:30:01 UTC 2020')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 12, 0) && Auto Datestamp and View (0, 0, 9) && Babelio (1, 0, 0) && Babelio Notes (2, 0, 0) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 37) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 2) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12) && KePub Output (3, 4, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 15) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 0) && View Manager (1, 5, 7) && Wikidata gui (1, 3, 0)
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.dialogs", line 266, in do_books
    current_rating = book.get_user_metadata(rating_column, True)['#value#']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
Thanks for your support
druss67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities