Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #136
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by purcelljf View Post
Okay Thanks. Neither does my new Nook Touch. I confirmed that after reading the following comment from the TeleRead blog:

"I would honestly consider buying the new Nook if they brought back multi-level table-of-contents support. The old Nook had it, the Nook Color does not and they removed it from the Nook Classic with the last software update. O’Reilly books, in particular, are difficult to navigate using B&N products. (I don’t think Kindle includes this feature, either."

I have a number of non-fiction EPUBs that the TOC is now displayed as "PART1, PART2, PART3, PART4." Not very helpful considering most of the useful chapter level descriptions are below that.
Interestingly Kindle Previewer has multi-level 'NCX' navigation. If only they'd add it to the Kindle itself. Many Kindle books actually have 2 level NCX's (no doubt the result of automated conversion from ePub). NCX navpoints are navigable using the 5way controller sort of like next/previous on an MP3 player. You only see the level 1 navpoints (in the reading progress bar as 'tick' marks), but it's possible to navigate level 2 as well if you back up a page from one of the level 1 navpoints.

But that is tragic that Nook doesn't navigate multilevel TOC. I was just going to buy one; now I will have to think about it a little. Perhaps they think Fast Scan(TM) is some substitute? Wrong.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #137
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Yes the Onyx Boox M91S and M90 do support TOC.
check the manuals for more info.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #138
purcelljf
Enthusiast
purcelljf began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe View Post
Yes the Onyx Boox M91S and M90 do support TOC.
check the manuals for more info.
Sorry that is not specific enough for us. And since I could not do a keyword search on "TOC" in that manual you linked to, I was not able to research it further.
purcelljf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #139
Onyx Europe
Distributor

Quote:
Sorry that is not specific enough for us. And since I could not do a keyword search on "TOC" in that manual you linked to, I was not able to research it further.
Search for 'table of content'
What other questions do you have about the TOC recognition?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #140
purcelljf
Enthusiast
purcelljf began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Europe View Post
Search for 'table of content'
What other questions do you have about the TOC recognition?
Does it support multi-level TOCs and will it display those levels in a structured manner (i.e. indented or a collapsible form)?
purcelljf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #141
ssdb
Enthusiast
ssdb began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Quote:
Does it support multi-level TOCs and will it display those levels in a structured manner (i.e. indented or a collapsible form)?
If you go to the manual provided earlier and search for

5.4.13.10 Table of Content

it does appear to support indented TOCs. A little way up from that page it also shows that it supports bookmarks.

I'll still wait until there are some independent reviews but it all looks pretty good

http://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-m...ox-m91s-manual
ssdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #142
Nards Barley
Nards Barley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Touch
Thanks. From that graphic in the manual, it certainly looks to be the case.

I will be waiting as well. Besides, on the day of the release, they decided to jack up the price $20 which we know won't hold for long. http://www.onyxboox.com/product_info...products_id=30

P.S. I would really like to see a comparison review between this device and the Pockbook 902/903.
Nards Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #143
Onyx Europe
Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nards Barley View Post
Thanks. From that graphic in the manual, it certainly looks to be the case.

I will be waiting as well. Besides, on the day of the release, they decided to jack up the price $20 which we know won't hold for long. http://www.onyxboox.com/product_info...products_id=30

P.S. I would really like to see a comparison review between this device and the Pockbook 902/903.
Think the American reseller had a special price for pre-orders.
Tomorrow I will take some pictures with both Onyx Boox M91S as PocketBook 902 to compare them.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #144
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nards Barley View Post

I saw this too, and I am sad.... I was hoping to see a user review or two prior to committing to making an order. If the price keeps going up the chances of me ordering will be going down.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #145
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Our Page is up https://www.dulinsbooks.com/index.php?p=product&id=682

White is available for immediate shipping. Black is available for order as well but it will be a couple weeks until we have them to ship.

Still trying to find out if we will be able to get any M91S with the strong demand elsewhere.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #146
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post

White is available for immediate shipping.

I see that shipping is only available via USPS? Would there be a tracking number provided?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #147
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes we ship only with priority mail, there is always a tracking number.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #148
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Quote:

White is available for immediate shipping. Black is available for order as well but it will be a couple weeks until we have them to ship.

Still trying to find out if we will be able to get any M91S with the strong demand elsewhere.
Please update this thread when the M91S with black frame is available to order on your site. Thanks!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #149
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
yes we ship only with priority mail, there is always a tracking number.
I only noticed one International shipping price - $78 (described as overseas shipping). Do you ship to Canada, and if so, what would the cost be? Thanks.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 PM   #150
Dulin's Books
Wizard

when you go through the ordering process it will give you the price for your destination. Canada is $28 and it takes about 6-8 days in transit using USPS priority mail. Sometimes it takes longer as I have actually seen a package sit unmoving for 5 days after being handed over from USPS to Canada Post. But most packages get delivered to Canada in 8.

The International Express shipping cost is in addition to the regular shipping price. This method is for customers who absolutely must have it in 3 days and goes by UPS.

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90