Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 09-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Calibre-web command line usage

I had a true senior moment and deleted my admin password from my password manager, so now unable to login to Calibre-Web as admin.

My install is on my QNAP NAS and is working perfectly otherwise.

I read the wiki about "command line" options allowing password changes along with many other admin functions. The docs say "Start the script with ..." and then a list of switch options.

What "script" is being referred to?

If I use "Calibre-Web", I get the following:
Code:
bash Calibre-Web.sh -h
Usage: Calibre-Web.sh {start|stop|restart}
It appears that the Calibre-Web shell script ultimately starts cps.py, but I had no luck with that either.

So how to use the command line interface to set a new password?

And hopefully it does not need my old password before creating a new one, LoL.

Thanks!

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #2
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
If you have lost your admin password ...... the calibre-web FAQ;

Quote:
What do I do if I lose my "Admin" password?

If there is more than on admin on your instance, any other admin can generate a new password for your account. If the only admin forgot his password: You are in trouble. Currently no password reset function is implemented. The only option would be editing the password in the app.db with a sqlite Database editor, or starting from the beginning.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
MontyJ
Addict

Yes, I read that, but I understood that a later version added the command line options. Perhaps I misread the date of the command line options change.

But in any case, shouldn't I get something that indicates the CLI is working? I get nothing.
Old 10-02-2021, 06:25 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just curious as to how you installed calibre-web on QNAP.

If it was with the QPKG from qnapclub.eu, that was (I think) version 6.11.

Upgrading from within calibre-web to a newer version won't (again I think) update the calibre-web.sh file installed via the QPKG

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #5
MontyJ
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just curious as to how you installed calibre-web on QNAP.

If it was with the QPKG from qnapclub.eu, that was (I think) version 6.11.

Upgrading from within calibre-web to a newer version won't (again I think) update the calibre-web.sh file installed via the QPKG

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yes, I did get 6.11 initially, but then a day or two later the program gave me an update prompt, so went for it. That gave me 6.12.

With no apparent way to resolve my original problem using the CLI, I went ahead and removed the app.db file, which essentially is a start over approach.

Then I got another update prompt and now I have 6.13. I cannot speak to what files are replaced or modified.

Whatever it does, it is the fastest, easiest 'upgrade' of any package I have ever done on my QNAP.

Monty
Advert