Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-26-2022, 08:23 PM   #1
arcegabriel
arcegabriel began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Calibre Server and Moon reader

Hi,
I have Calibre server running on my laptop.
On my android tablet I have moon reader pro and also calibre companion
Both open my library. Both download/read epub and pdf without a problem
The problem I have is if I try to open a file in mobi format, moon reader gives me a "web page not available". Calibre companion works just fine
I also tried on my android phone and have the same issue with moon reader pro.
Any suggestions?
arcegabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ask the developers of moon reader why it doesnt support mobi
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:58 AM   #3
arcegabriel

Actually FBreader also works. And if download a mobi file moon reader can open the file
The problem is moon reader while navigating calibre server for mobi or docx. Pdf and epub work well

No issues I ended up converting to epub to read inside calibre. It did take a win10 machine reboot for calibre server to broadcast new format
Old 04-03-2022, 06:48 PM   #4
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcegabriel View Post
Actually FBreader also works. And if download a mobi file moon reader can open the file
The problem is moon reader while navigating calibre server for mobi or docx. Pdf and epub work well

No issues I ended up converting to epub to read inside calibre. It did take a win10 machine reboot for calibre server to broadcast new format
You have selected the mobi format in the import book option
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	193073  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 06:45 AM   #5
arcegabriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
You have selected the mobi format in the import book option
I was not trying to import books. I was simply trying to navigate calibre library and get to the screen where you can download / read
The app developer sent a beta build which resolve the issue