Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2022, 12:22 AM   #1
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Device: PW3, PW2, KT2, 2xKT, 2xK3G
KOSP - Android on Kindle

Sigh... I hate to be that guy, but here I go.

I recently stumbled into this GitHub project located here along with this(hardware), this(TWRP), and this(uboot) that is for running Android 5.1 on KT3.

With a bit of work, it could be ported to run on other Kindles, but a few modifications need to be made.

Firstly the uBoot needs to be tweaked to boot the boot.img.

Second, a few patches related to Android need to be added to Amazon's kernel source.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit over my head with this project (being only 15) but I thought I would bring it to the attention of the rest of the community. If anyone would like to work on this I'd be more than happy to help any way I can.

Here's the related blog post from the author.

Again, sorry for asking for help with something that's beyond my skill level .
luketheduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 05:45 AM   #2
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
You can get hold of the author of this project in the Telegram group mentioned here
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2022, 07:34 AM   #3
ygjsz
ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.ygjsz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: KPW3 KT2 KT3 KV Boox Nova3
I think we should focus on improving the display driver of KOSP first. The display driver is in the very early stage and it doesn't behave normal. The waveform, refreshing strategy, refreshing frequency, etc needs to be improved. I'm tring to figure how the MiguOS and KDroid's gralloc work now. Hopefully I can make some progress.
ygjsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:15 PM   #4
luketheduke
Connoisseur
luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.luketheduke knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katadelos View Post
You can get hold of the author of this project in the Telegram group mentioned here
I did see that and have. The CracKDroid project is different from the KOSP project. Thank you though.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #5
luketheduke
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygjsz View Post
I think we should focus on improving the display driver of KOSP first. The display driver is in the very early stage and it doesn't behave normal. The waveform, refreshing strategy, refreshing frequency, etc needs to be improved. I'm tring to figure how the MiguOS and KDroid's gralloc work now. Hopefully I can make some progress.
Is there anything I can do to help?
Advert

Tags
android, kindle, uboot