Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #16
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Unfortunately not many devices yet. PocketBook devices offer fbreader for DRMless books and fbreader supports hyphenation. Afaik fbreader is also available for iRex devices and fbreaderJ is available for the nook softroot too...
I think the Aluratek Libre 5" has FBReader as well. I had one for a while, but I didn't use FBReader much, I mostly read ePubs on it, so I cannot remember if it supported hyphenation or not.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:25 AM   #17
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddman View Post
Is there an e-ink device on the market that supports hyphenation? I didn't think any of the manufacturers had accomplished that feature yet.
This is related to my earlier post concerning PDF. When I make the PDFs using OpenOffice.org, I can insert hyphenation into the source document either manually or automatically (it gives you the option to accept/reject the hyphenation choices) and it will carry over into the PDF when I generate it.

The disadvantage with PDF is that the pages are basically locked to a fixed page size (I size them specifically for my ereader's screen). It is possible to reflow the pages, but I've found the results to be unsatisfactory.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Let's try Ebook Application's firmware it supports full justification and hyphenation, too (in all formats, doc too)

I've to say hyphenation not like a lot to me... I not use it neither when I write

The problem is that it's done from an automatic software so sometimes the results are "grammatically" wrong (1 letter only - and the rest on the next line, in this case a little more justification and let go all the word in the next line is better)... lucky you can disable it so... no problem
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote