Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2021, 11:46 AM   #1
PHDIKOULAS
PHDIKOULAS began at the beginning.

Device: SIGMATEK EBKT 101
How to add numbers to my books?

I think i have kobo aura h20 ed2. The book is great the support is hideous.

How to add numbers to my books? like this

1. booka
2. bookb etc etc

The first way does not show numbers, neither does

1 booka
2 bookb

I havent tried

b1ooka
b2ookb

Thanks for any help
PHDIKOULAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Can I ask what your actual goal is here? What's the context, and what are you trying to achieve? It's hard to know how to help you otherwise.

It would also help to know what format your book files are in, and how you added them to your Kobo.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
PHDIKOULAS

Hey Meera

Some books are in a series, like harry potter 1 harry potter 2 etc but said books arent numbered.I am talking about the peter parker books here of connoly which are a series but arent numbered.

The books are in epub format and i just cut and pasted them into the kobo.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:20 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
To me, the simplest, and best, way is to use calibre. Add all the books to calibre, set the series information correctly and then let calibre do the work. You might need to resend the books, but, if the metadata of the copy on the device matches that of the copy in the library, they should match and the series info will be updated on the device. Then you can use the series list and sorting.

Another way is again using calibre. You can use a metadata plugboard to change the title and other metadata when sending the book to the device. And, this can be updated later as well.

Another way is to edit the metadata in the books and put it on the device. Again, you can use calibre for this, but, there are other tools to do this. Sigil will do it and I think there is at least one metadata editor out there.

The last method I can think of is to update the database on the device directly. That is probably the riskiest and time consuming.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:40 AM   #5
PHDIKOULAS

Thanks David will try that thingy and see how it goes
Advert
Old 07-04-2021, 02:58 AM   #6
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Yep, what davidfor said - use the Calibre series settings. Works great.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 12:25 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
If you use Calibre, just make sure that the series box is filled in correctly. Then you don't have to play around with the titles. Your Kobo will just know that Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is book one and so on.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote