Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-26-2022, 11:12 AM   #76
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
And apparently maybe all I needed to do was whine and moan about not getting the offer
I make it a point to say only nice things about Amazon and Audible within earshot of my Echo devices, but maybe a good whinge would be a better strategy!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:38 PM   #77
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I make it a point to say only nice things about Amazon and Audible within earshot of my Echo devices, but maybe a good whinge would be a better strategy!
If I had a less interesting life, maybe I coulda called to complain about them sending a notification to my phone for an offer I didn't qualify for. It's clearly still bothering me that I didn't get the offer, especially since I have spent well over the required amount.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 02-26-2022 at 04:43 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:56 AM   #78
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Just got my credit, almost immediately after I bought the book that tipped me over the $25. So no arguing with customer service this time for me! Sadly, I'll probably spend the credit almost immediately too...
sufue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:03 AM   #79
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My good luck of getting the credit automatically as soon as I activated the promotion - despite buying nothing in the offer period - finally ended after two fortuitous occasions of bliss.

That's okay though, because the credit arrived right away as soon as I bought the required amount.

To bring me up to the $25 threshold, I usually get books I want that never drop in price.

Last edited by C.S.; 02-28-2022 at 12:06 AM.
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 02:12 PM   #80
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's back: Get $6 back in eBook credit when you spend $25 on eBooks.
March 21 - March 28

Link that works for me.
Old 03-21-2022, 02:27 PM   #81
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
March 21 - March 28

Link that works for me.
The offer was spend $15 get $4 for me; probably because they know I haven’t spent $25 on ebooks in my life.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #82
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
It's back! April 21-28 Spend $25 Get $6 back YMMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
March 21 - March 28

Link that works for me.
Zodwallop's link above still works for me, and I got the offer in today's email of Kindle book deal recommendations. As usual YMMV. I got the offer last month also, but did not buy enough to qualify.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 01:12 PM   #83
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Zodwallop's link above still works for me, and I got the offer in today's email of Kindle book deal recommendations. As usual YMMV. I got the offer last month also, but did not buy enough to qualify.
I'm not eligible

I suspect that if you qualified for the credit last time, they skip you.
Old 04-22-2022, 01:42 PM   #84
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got the offer last month and qualified; I’ve got it again this month. I doubt I’ll be using it, though.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:11 PM   #85
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

It's back! May 21-May 28: https://www.amazon.com/kindlerewards/offer

They've redesigned the page. It now shows me how much I have spent, which is handy.
Old 05-22-2022, 12:56 PM   #86
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I always activate these offers but never buy anything, perhaps comically, hoping Amazon will sweeten the next deal.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:52 PM   #87
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

I wonder to what extent Amazon is cannibalizing its sales with these offers? Why wouldn’t you wait until the end of the month to buy a book that’s not on a limited-time sale and wait until you could hit the threshold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I always activate these offers but never buy anything, perhaps comically, hoping Amazon will sweeten the next deal.
Heh. My own strategy is the reverse; I hope that by not activating it, Amazon will eventually relent and give me the $3 back on $10 deal. That one I’d take. $25 (I’m seeing the $6 back on $25 deal) is way more than I’d care to spend in ten days; it would have to be a combination of pressing wants combined with a sale price to lure me. We’ll have to see which strategy (if either) eventually works.
Old 05-22-2022, 07:15 PM   #88
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
I wonder to what extent Amazon is cannibalizing its sales with these offers? Why wouldn’t you wait until the end of the month to buy a book that’s not on a limited-time sale and wait until you could hit the threshold?
Probably none. Amazon collects massive amounts of data from the store and they wouldn't keep doing these if they didn't ultimately make more money than they're offering in discounts.

Quote:
Heh. My own strategy is the reverse; I hope that by not activating it, Amazon will eventually relent and give me the $3 back on $10 deal. That one I’d take. $25 (I’m seeing the $6 back on $25 deal) is way more than I’d care to spend in ten days; it would have to be a combination of pressing wants combined with a sale price to lure me. We’ll have to see which strategy (if either) eventually works.
I stopped looking at them, since I rarely read anymore. (Depression took that away from me. ) I just checked and it's $6 on $25. They may have stopped doing the $3 on $10. Maybe it wasn't profitable for them?
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #89
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I stopped looking at them, since I rarely read anymore. (Depression took that away from me. )
I am so sorry. That’s a colossal loss. I hope it’s temporary.

Quote:
I just checked and it's $6 on $25. They may have stopped doing the $3 on $10. Maybe it wasn't profitable for them?
I have a friend (who rarely buys from Amazon) who got the $3 on $10 offer.
Old 05-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #90
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
I am so sorry. That’s a colossal loss. I hope it’s temporary.
Thanks, but sadly it's been going on for years now. It might come back, but odds are it won't. I do better with rereading stuff. I think part of the problem is I get stressed out worrying about what will happen to characters, so knowing the ending helps.

Occasionally I do find something I can read. I made it most of the way through the Murderbot Diaries recently. I stopped at the full novel, but the novellas worked well.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote