Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Porting on new device and updating

I purchased the app 4 years ago. I loved it. But now when I changed the phone, it does not show as purchased app in play store and won't let me install without purchasing it again. I can install 4 year older version and that won't update. Apparently I am stuck with 4 year old version with no way of getting it updated unless I purchase it again!

Is there any way I can get updated version for my device without having to purchase the app again. Also, why does it not automatically on my device?
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by majidbhurgri View Post
I purchased the app 4 years ago. I loved it. But now when I changed the phone, it does not show as purchased app in play store and won't let me install without purchasing it again. I can install 4 year older version and that won't update. Apparently I am stuck with 4 year old version with no way of getting it updated unless I purchase it again!
You have a 4 year old version of CC? What is it that you have, an APK, or something else? You never updated the app on the old phone?

In any event, there are only three reasons I know of where Google Play thinks an app is unlicensed: you changed your email address, you changed your country, or you asked us for a refund. In the first case Google can help you. I don't know how to work around the second. The solution to the third is to buy the app.
Quote:
Is there any way I can get updated version for my device without having to purchase the app again.
I am really confused about what exactly you have. If you have some random APK downloaded from the internet then the Google Play store will rightly refuse to update it. If Google Play is saying that you have not bought CC but can buy CC for the new device (what is this device?), then Google has lost track of your purchase.
Quote:
Also, why does it not automatically on my device?
It does, as long as the Google requirements are met: you are using the same Google email address on both devices, you purchased the app with that Google email address, you haven't changed countries, and the new device is capable of running CC. If all of these are true but the Play Store won't show that you purchased the app, send me a private message. I will be able to get you a "promo code" that will let you buy CC without spending money.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Although you said in a PM that it is possible you never purchased CC, it isn't worth the trouble to go through years-old records to try to check it. I sent you a promo code.

You are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:30 PM   #4
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Hello Charles,

Thank you so much for your favor. I highly appreciate your response, help and support despite the fact that I actually might not even have purchased the app.

Regards,

-Abdul-Majid Bhurgri
www.bhurgri.com
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote