Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
crcc25
crcc25 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Question Could i change the font size choice without jailbreak?

i got a paperwhite.And i noticed there's 8 choice of font size when i read a mobi or txt book.
When i read in bus,i'd like choose 7th font size;and choose 6th font size in bed.I think 6th is a little small and 7th is too large.could i redefine font size option of PW without jailbreak?
i tried to modify kindle system,but it was a linux system and full of hex code...I may modify a html or lua setting file but cant mod this.
waiting for ur reply,thx!
crcc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
You could do the whole usb downloader, diags and SSH business, but it would be much easier to just jailbreak your kindle.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
No, the USB downloader would need the magic key. And since the power key doesn't qualify for that, that's about that.

OP: you would need the jailbreak in any case. The unmodified KPW won't flash a tampered firmware bundle.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
crcc25
crcc25 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
thx for ur replies.
i'll try jailbreak

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-03-2013 at 12:58 PM.
crcc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Oh, sort of forgot the paperwhite doesn't have a home button.

Last edited by icantbebothered; 06-03-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
No, the USB downloader would need the magic key. And since the power key doesn't qualify for that, that's about that.
May not be a forever restriction.
I think the "magic key" sequence can be found, just haven't had to do it (yet) myself. (the hall effect device has gpio pull-up attachments)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote