Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-29-2018, 11:06 PM   #151
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp303 View Post
Not OP, but I got the same error today.

log attached.

Thanks!
Thanks. That provided enough information for me to fix the problem. I will have have a new release of the plugin in the next day or so.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #152
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.12.1 - 30 Dec 2018

Support additional KFX feature. (Fixes "Unexpected Ion symbols used: $282")
Old 12-31-2018, 01:29 PM   #153
toonetown
toonetown began at the beginning.

Device: None
Does this plugin no longer work with version 1.25.1?
toonetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:11 PM   #154
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonetown View Post
Does this plugin no longer work with version 1.25.1?
The problem with using Kindle for PC 1.25.1 is the lack of a way to remove the new DRM that is used by that software. This plugin only works on books without DRM.

Last edited by jhowell; 12-31-2018 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #155
JudahsShadow
JudahsShadow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
So, I'm ultimately wanting to send a KFX file I've created to a fire tablet so I can use the new page flip stuff on it (it's a specification manual used in highway construction inspections) on a fire tablet in the field. If I import via this plugin will those features be available if I transfer the work through calibre? (I'm creating the files so DRM should not be an issue).
JudahsShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #156
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahsShadow View Post
So, I'm ultimately wanting to send a KFX file I've created to a fire tablet so I can use the new page flip stuff on it (it's a specification manual used in highway construction inspections) on a fire tablet in the field. If I import via this plugin will those features be available if I transfer the work through calibre? (I'm creating the files so DRM should not be an issue).
The KFX Input plugin is not needed for this.

Use the KFX Output plugin to generate your KFX file. Once you have the KFX file created, you need to copy it to the "Books" folder of Internal Storage on your Fire tablet to have it show in the Kindle app.

You can create the KFX file within calibre using "Convert books" and then use the "Save to Disk" function to send it to your device.

Or you can use the command line interface of the KFX Output plugin to produce the KFX file outside of calibre and then copy it using the functions of your OS. General information on copying files to a Fire can be found here.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #157
JudahsShadow
JudahsShadow began at the beginning.

I thought perhaps after I saw the output thread, but should I make my KFX from outside calibre and then import, should I presume it would behave the same on transfer as if I converted it in calibre?
JudahsShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #158
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudahsShadow View Post
I thought perhaps after I saw the output thread, but should I make my KFX from outside calibre and then import, should I presume it would behave the same on transfer as if I converted it in calibre?
Doing conversion with the KFX Output plugin outside of calibre produces a different result in some cases because it bypasses all of the manipulations that can sometimes be done by the calibre conversion pipeline, such as changing the cover, table of contents, and formatting.

If you make your KFX file outside of calibre and want to import it then having the KFX Input plugin installed will allow calibre to extract the metadata from the imported book so that the book shows up nicely in your book list.

However, as I wrote previously there is no need to import it into calibre just to copy it to your Fire tablet. You can copy the KFX file to the proper folder on the Fire yourself.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #159
scubawendi
scubawendi began at the beginning.

J...HOWELL.... I need your help!

My husband bought me a book on his MAC and I am trying to download it on my Windows 64bit. Don't ask. So, I have Calibre from forever ago (back when I was in grad school) and I updated it to 3.37. Now I am greeted with the Kindle failed to convert message. We didn't have that when I was in grad school. I use Kindle for PC (1.23.1). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to bypass this error. I have inserted every command prompt I can find you have written and suggested. I know you know a fix. Help a sister out? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
scubawendi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:50 AM   #160
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubawendi View Post
Now I am greeted with the Kindle failed to convert message.
I need to know the exact error message in order to provide useful advice.

If it mentions DRM then there is a problem with DRM removal and you will need to ask for help at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:55 PM   #161
Musitcat
Musitcat began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7
The new version of the plugin fixed the problem. Thanks so much for being so responsive and all your good work!
Musitcat is offline   Reply With Quote