Notices

Old 08-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
mddizon
mddizon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre Edit Book - save error

Has anyone experienced this?

calibre, version 2.33.0
ERROR: Could not save: Saving of the book failed. Click "Show Details" for more information. You can try to save a copy to a different location, via File->Save a Copy

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\save.py", line 177, in process_save
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\save.py", line 189, in do_save
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\tweak_book\save.py", line 56, in save_container
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 458, in atomic_rename
error: (5, 'MoveFileEx', 'Access is denied.')

It happens just when I save the ePub in the Edit Book mode.

Much appreciate any help!
mddizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It means something on your computer, like an antivirus or a file sync program is locking the epub file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:23 AM   #3
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I got this same error this weekend. Temporarily disabling Bitdefender Antivirus Plus allowed me to save the edited book.
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #4
zamanusta
zamanusta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I found the problem. When Calibre Directory includes non-latin characters (Turkish for me) problem occurs. I changed my directory (Make it simple: C:\Calibre) and never get this error again (While saving, editing etc.).
zamanusta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, edit book, error, save