Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
What would you like on the next calibre?

We are always coming to this forum, asking for problems,
and tryng to help other.
I think it should be good for us to help the folks working on calibre with sugestion.

Me personaly the software have not problem (algthou I'm using version .83, .86 and .87 dont open for me).
There is only one thing a would like to see (I dont know if in the last version there is):
I would like to have a manual chapter detection.
The automatic chapter detection may work fine with an english ebook,
but it never work with another language (I reader many books in portuguese).
So if there would be a way to manualy indicate that chapter 1 is in line x, chapter 2 is in line y and so on it would be great for me and many folks from other languase.

So I ask you guys what would you like in next update?
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There already is support for manual chapter detection in both the conversion dialogs (to LRF and to EPUB)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Is it available for version .83?
Old 09-28-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes it is
Old 09-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

Oh I guess this software as to many features, I didn't find it yet, But I'm going to search for it in online manual.
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

undortunately, that section of the manual is incomplete. In the conversion dialog look under chapter detection.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Hi!

I have been using Calibre ever since I got my PRS 505 a couple of weeks ago, so I am still new to using the software. Getting the TOC right is one of my biggest hurddles so far. Would it be possible to add the ability to preview the TOC as displayed in the reader on Calibre? (and if the option exists already, and I haven't found it, all my apologies!!!).

And by the way, thanks a lot for this piece of software, would not know what I'd be doing if it did not exist. Using a PC I guess...

Cheers,

Alfy.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

if you change to EPUB output and whatever EPUB viewer you have on your computer supports showing the TOC, you can use that to preview the TOC
Old 09-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

One more thing,
One thing I do to match is:
1-copy some text form internet or any program
2-past it in word
3-Save as a rtf file
4-Open Calibre
5-Export the rtf file to calibre
6-Convert it to LRF file.

It would be nice (I don't know if is possible)
while you are coping something to the clipboard, to have and option like:
Copy to calibre

This option would automaaticly copy the text past it in notpad (or anywhere else),
save as txt file (whit a default name),
and them open calibre, export it to calibre library, and them automaticly convert it to LRT.

Itwould be great to do it automaticly. But I don't know if it is possible.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

open a ticket to request this feature
Old 09-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
sergiodongala
Connoisseur

I didn't undertand how do I open a ticket?
In the forum, or in the homepage of calibre?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

at calibre.kovidgoyal.net
Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 AM   #13
mermer
mermer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ereader 505
Documentation

What I would like more than anything is comprehensive documentation.. particularly with some more examples and with the workflow explained to get different jobs done.

It seems from following these forums that Calibre does alot, but the documentation is highly technical - and it's very difficult for a newbie (such as myself) to really make sense of it.
mermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:44 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

documentation is always a good thing, but unless someone steps up and contributes it, it's never going to keep pace as I prefer to devote my limited time to writing code.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:28 AM   #15
Azhad
Azhad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, Milestone, Galaxy Tab
I would like the option to ignore the metadata inside the files, and only use the ones form the filenames
Azhad is offline   Reply With Quote